The MT-07 Forum

WindScreen Dilemma!!

persydonkers

5 hours ago, Fila said:

I've just fitted an MRA double bubble and on a short fast ride the difference was worth the price. I'm 5ft 7, still had the wind on my helmet when giving the beans and at speed, but not the feeling of hanging on for dear life that I had without. 

Pics?

I just added the little Yamaha fly screen to my 2018 MT-07. Fits nice, looks good. Very minimal but appropriate to a naked street fighter. 

But, to say it is useless other than aesthetics might be going to far. While it may not block much wind, it seems to reduce the buffeting noticeably.  Smooths the airflow somewhat. There is now a nice little pocket at chest level that is cleaner. The helmet was always up in clean air. 

The screen is a gloss black Lexan like material. Expensive but it fits perfect since it is an OEM piece. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Fila said:

H611916270_IMG_3936(1).thumb.jpg.66f39b6969a6d8c578ca89feb030dde9.jpg2023279960_IMG_3939(1).thumb.jpg.f95247778afc2a2969256695b2bcb0a3.jpg933435692_IMG_3940(1).thumb.jpg.bb8ebfde922bd19bf154fe8fa7af8f93.jpgere you go, 

I didn't know MRA had a screen available for the MT-07' 2018 out already. Is it a 14-17 screen? I was sure the new redesign wouldn't allow it to fit. Do tell @Fila

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
howworkclutch

i swapped bikes with a guy who had a small screen (he wanted to try the nix-22).  i noticed his bike was reluctant to turn-in. once it was in a turn it was ok, but it preferred to stay on a straight line. something to think about.

-HowWorkClutch

I dont know if this helps, but i'd rather post it! 
This is me and my buddy's bike. 
He is rocking a OEM Yamaha windscreen on his Black FZ07. And I have the Puig touring windscreen with a Smoke finish (Not the clear, not the black)

image.thumb.png.f7c7820076d981bc753dd01115f75d2a.png

Edited by dhaval0603

• Premium Member
On 10/12/2018 at 2:54 PM, howworkclutch said:

yeah

How are the Ohlins Nix-22 working for you on street and track? Do you have to make a lot of comp,pre-load,rebound adjustments between on and off track? @howworkclutch

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
howworkclutch
On 10/13/2018 at 4:05 PM, fzar said:

How are the Ohlins Nix-22 working for you on street and track? Do you have to make a lot of comp,pre-load,rebound adjustments between on and off track? @howworkclutch

I don't make a lot of adjustments because I don't really ride on the street any more. On the track, that setup works well. I just got the shock dial-in and the bike is on rails.

• Like 1

-HowWorkClutch

• 2 years later...

Old thread I know, but anyone with one of the inexpensive Savage windscreens mind sharing some pics of it on the bike? Especially with the larger sized one, the ebay pics are really pretty uninformative.

I got this for my MT07 (Yes, I know the year is different :) )

("MT07 FZ07 Windshield 2020 MT07 FZ07 Windscreen FZ-07 MT 07 Windshield FZ 07 MT-07 2020 2019 2018" on Amazon)

I sprayed the underside matte black, so it's darker on the outside now, and the sun doesn't shine through.

It works well at 90mph.  I just need to polish off the swirl marks on top.

mt07 windscreen underside.jpg

mt07 windscreen.jpg

• Like 1