12 hours ago, michigan400 said:

2017 black.

20180816_102944.jpg

Looks good mate, doesn't wreck the lines of the bike. I got my 2018 smoke on last night, will upload some pics this weekend when Ive got some decent light.

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 8:26 PM, persydonkers said:

Recently purchased me a new to me fz 07. Love the big but looking to pick up a windscreen nothing too big in fear of destroying the look of the bike. But just something to knock some of the wind off at higher speeds. Looking for recommendations and curious of anyones tried the mtp racing screen.

https://mtp-racing24.com/windscreen-windshield-dark-tinted?curr=USD&kModel=22190&gclid=CjwKCAjwhqXbBRAREiwAucoo-9wmWLq-I-kwlkqQdx_WCq39WCfdTsTwBG98XMqT_X3gfgi2qn5GQhoCla0QAvD_BwE

Hate to say it and ruin the dream but those tiny flyscreen's are for aesthetics only. They barely (if at all) come up over the dash and we know how much wind the dash deflects. I had one and it kept a little pressure off my belly at best at higher speeds but if that's all you're wanting a screen to do ….. 

On 8/15/2018 at 11:00 PM, zooman72 said:

I just picked a small screen just like the O.P.'s, but for a bit less - check out "small Savage FZ-07 screen" on Ebay, less than $30 shipped, and got it in 10 days from overseas.  Looks good, takes just a bit of wind off lower torso, but leaves my helmet in clean and quieter air - bike came with a MRA double bubble (will put it up for sale here), which took all wind off of my chest, but resulted in bad wind buffeting (and subsequent noise) at the lower edge of my helmet.  I have no issues at 80 mph with the new smaller screen, and I am 6'1"...

Interesting trade off between the savage screen and the MRA!!

1 hour ago, fzar said:

Interesting trade off between the savage screen and the MRA!!

Yeah, coupled with the fact that it looks better, it is a win-win for me.  I considered trying something with a more moderate frontal area than the MRA, such as the Ermax Nose Sport 27mm ($110) or Givi A2118 ($135), but decided to try the smaller Savage since it was so much less money, and really wanted to keep the bottom of my helmet out of turbulent air.

So far, so good, since I don't typically push the bike over 80mph on the highway, and don't go on many long trips (30-40 minutes at a time at most).  The MRA would have worked if I was 2-3" shorter probably.

On 8/15/2018 at 11:00 PM, zooman72 said:

I just picked a small screen just like the O.P.'s, but for a bit less - check out "small Savage FZ-07 screen" on Ebay, less than $30 shipped, and got it in 10 days from overseas.  Looks good, takes just a bit of wind off lower torso, but leaves my helmet in clean and quieter air - bike came with a MRA double bubble (will put it up for sale here), which took all wind off of my chest, but resulted in bad wind buffeting (and subsequent noise) at the lower edge of my helmet.  I have no issues at 80 mph with the new smaller screen, and I am 6'1"...

What tint MRA did your bike come with?

6 hours ago, fzar said:

What tint MRA did your bike come with?

Grey smoke, but it is black on the lower half, with a thin gradient line, and then the smoke for the upper section...

I've just fitted an MRA double bubble and on a short fast ride the difference was worth the price. I'm 5ft 7, still had the wind on my helmet when giving the beans and at speed, but not the feeling of hanging on for dear life that I had without. 

5 hours ago, Fila said:

I've just fitted an MRA double bubble and on a short fast ride the difference was worth the price. I'm 5ft 7, still had the wind on my helmet when giving the beans and at speed, but not the feeling of hanging on for dear life that I had without. 

Pics?

I just added the little Yamaha fly screen to my 2018 MT-07. Fits nice, looks good. Very minimal but appropriate to a naked street fighter. 

But, to say it is useless other than aesthetics might be going to far. While it may not block much wind, it seems to reduce the buffeting noticeably.  Smooths the airflow somewhat. There is now a nice little pocket at chest level that is cleaner. The helmet was always up in clean air. 

The screen is a gloss black Lexan like material. Expensive but it fits perfect since it is an OEM piece. 

1 hour ago, Fila said:

H611916270_IMG_3936(1).thumb.jpg.66f39b6969a6d8c578ca89feb030dde9.jpg2023279960_IMG_3939(1).thumb.jpg.f95247778afc2a2969256695b2bcb0a3.jpg933435692_IMG_3940(1).thumb.jpg.bb8ebfde922bd19bf154fe8fa7af8f93.jpgere you go, 

I didn't know MRA had a screen available for the MT-07' 2018 out already. Is it a 14-17 screen? I was sure the new redesign wouldn't allow it to fit. Do tell @Fila