The MT-07 Forum

Akrapovic R3 muffler in fz07 Akrapovic midpipe

Haeussler

Hey guys so recently i bought a second hand fz07 that had an akrapovic carbon/ti full system but the carbon muffler was cracked and had some big air leaks. A local bike mechanic told me he could fit a Yamaha r3 muffler into the system and believe it or not the muffler fit right inn without any mods. The muffler sounds a little louder than the carbon one but the real problem is that the bike lost torque and i guess a little hp all over the curve since its more of a gp style muffler, I just ordered a PCV to fix this issue but around my country there's no dyno shops whatsoever so i will have to see into the problem myself. My question is: whats the best PCV map i could use for my system and what tweaks can I do to the map to make it a little better for my bike given I can`t take it to a dyno? Also do you think a baffle will help build a little more back pressure?890338881_akrapovicgpr3.thumb.jpg.c1dd008eac919e8e0b5e51efda605c3a.jpg

topazsparrow

Baffle will definitely help get back some back pressure.

For tuning it, you're going to have to play it by ear. If you can get a wide-band o2 sensor and logger on it, you can tune it yourself decently. I wouldn't stray too far from the stock or provided aftermarket tunes without the ability to see if you're running really rich or really lean or not though (typically this is monitoring during Dyno Sessions)

Thanks, it's gonna be quite difficult since i don't have the afr of the system right now but i can't lose too much by trying. I Guess l could buy a spare carbon muffler but those cost the same as a black widow or mivv system and i don't have the money for that at the time

There will be a power commander map that will be suitable for your setup.

I suggest removing the snorkel from your airbox (you can access this just by removing the rider's seat) and using the Yoshi R77 map for snorkel removed.

PCV maps.png

15 hours ago, topazsparrow said:

Baffle will definitely help get back some back pressure.

For tuning it, you're going to have to play it by ear. If you can get a wide-band o2 sensor and logger on it, you can tune it yourself decently. I wouldn't stray too far from the stock or provided aftermarket tunes without the ability to see if you're running really rich or really lean or not though (typically this is monitoring during Dyno Sessions)

Thanks, i wiil try doing that ando checking how it does, it's weird dynojet hasnt updated their maps given theres a lot more pipes on the market this days

8 hours ago, stickshift said:

There will be a power commander map that will be suitable for your setup.

I suggest removing the snorkel from your airbox (you can access this just by removing the rider's seat) and using the Yoshi R77 map for snorkel removed.

PCV maps.png

I'll try that map and see how it goes, theres not a single gp style muffler map though 😕

Archived