The MT-07 Forum

Cant decide on a tail light.

Bigturbomax

Bigturbomax

Im torn between the TST and the motodynamic tail light. Videos online tend to wash colors so its hard to tell which is better. Does anyone have photos of their TST or motodynamic tail lights in action?

• Premium Member

The site search will find you several photos and videos. ✌️

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Bigturbomax said:

Im torn between the TST and the motodynamic tail light. Videos online tend to wash colors so its hard to tell which is better. Does anyone have photos of their TST or motodynamic tail lights in action?

I have no video or photos but love my TST clear integrated tail light.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

topazsparrow

I picked the TST over the Moto D because of how it looked and the extra features. The brake light flash and multiple turn signal flash styles (one of which allows for legal integrated turn signals where I live) made it an easy choice.

It's good and bright and doesn't look cheap.

Bigturbomax

Thanks for the insight everyone. I just placed my order for the TST in clear with the LED flasher relay. I cant wait!

26 minutes ago, Bigturbomax said:

Thanks for the insight everyone. I just placed my order for the TST in clear with the LED flasher relay. I cant wait!

I have the clear also, you'll like it, I'm sure. What I've noticed with mine is people react differently to the setting where it strobes (how I have mine set up) for a second just before it switches to a steady light. People are stopping further out than before and that's a big plus. Getting a little respect now. It really seems to grab their attention and aside from that it just looks cool as hell. With it's design it almost looks like a circular neon light and that in itself grabs more attention, (at least I would think so) it's not just your standard, boring looking tail light.  👀   Enjoy!

Beemer

topazsparrow
6 minutes ago, Beemer said:

I have the clear also, you'll like it, I'm sure. What I've noticed with mine is people react differently to the setting where it strobes (how I have mine set up) for a second just before it switches to a steady light. People are stopping further out than before and that's a big plus. Getting a little respect now. It really seems to grab their attention and aside from that it just looks cool as hell. With it's design it almost looks like a circular neon light and that in itself grabs more attention, (at least I would think so) it's not just your standard, boring looking tail light.  👀   Enjoy!

I also found the same thing.

I'd never go back to a non strobing light. It's just such a great safety feature. When I ride in groups I get comments all the time asking why I'm flashing my light like that. That means people notice it, it's working and grabbing the attention of other riders and drivers just like a brake light should!

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, mick97702 said:

Plus 1 for the customled.com Blaster-X. Love it!

Haha, same. +1. Super easy plug and play for anyone else that wants the flashing options but don't have the TST. 

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Are these even bright?  I've tried integrated taillights before but they've always been really hard to see, especially the turn signals since they have to be so close together.  All videos I've seen are in a dark garage where everything looks super bright.  I'm curious how they really are in direct sunlight.

5 hours ago, djfz07 said:

Are these even bright?  I've tried integrated taillights before but they've always been really hard to see, especially the turn signals since they have to be so close together.  All videos I've seen are in a dark garage where everything looks super bright.  I'm curious how they really are in direct sunlight.

Very. Brighter than factory with the added benefit of the strobing effect.  Don't trust videos and pictures. They can't capture the true candela of the lights and screens/monitors can not reproduce the intensity of them. Personally seeing them or the word of others is much more reliable. Mine are insanely bright. Like "I  see spots!" bright! Example, how bright is a picture of the sun? Can you look at it and will it burn your eyes? Not bashing or anything...😁

MVIMG_20180803_165952-756x1008.jpg

IMG_20180803_170024-756x1008.jpg

I checked out the Blaster X's before I bought mine and they look very nice aaaaaand very bright. They actually appeared a hair brighter to me than the TST but since they're both much brighter than stock and bright enough to grab a blind mans attention I feel it comes down to preference at this point. The deciding factor for me was the cooler looking neon 'look' of the TST. Both are great lights, IMO.

2 (2).JPG

Beemer

My light showed up with USPS at the house while i was home for my lunch break! Tossed it in the saddle bag and took it back to work, where all my tools are :) . Stayed late after work and installed it with the the LED relay. VERY, VERY happy! When i came home and backed into the garage my wife immediately commented on how much brighter it is. Im running it in standard mode regular style brake light and turn signal. I also tapped the wires so my standard signals still illuminate with it. 

And lastly, heres the turn signal again in broad daylight. The stock signal is also on. So for anyone concerned about visibility, notice the signal on the taillight is more legible in direct sun than the stock incandescant bulb. 

20180810_224358-1134x2016.jpg

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, Bigturbomax said:

notice the signal on the taillight is more legible in direct sun than the stock incandescant bulb. 

This is why I replaced the incandescent bulbs in the pumpkins  with much brighter LEDs over a year ago. They work great for the front running/turn signals as well as for the rear turn signal only lights. I've got a thread that the compares them to the stock bulbs and links to both the bulbs and the $10 LED flasher relay needed to negate hyper flash.

PS. Good choice on the TST. I love mine also.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Archived