Jump to content
Bigturbomax

Cant decide on a tail light.

Recommended Posts

Bigturbomax

Im torn between the TST and the motodynamic tail light. Videos online tend to wash colors so its hard to tell which is better. Does anyone have photos of their TST or motodynamic tail lights in action?

Edited by Bigturbomax
Mis-spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DewMan

The site search will find you several photos and videos. ✌️

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
blackout
1 hour ago, Bigturbomax said:

Im torn between the TST and the motodynamic tail light. Videos online tend to wash colors so its hard to tell which is better. Does anyone have photos of their TST or motodynamic tail lights in action?

I have no video or photos but love my TST clear integrated tail light.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
topazsparrow

I picked the TST over the Moto D because of how it looked and the extra features. The brake light flash and multiple turn signal flash styles (one of which allows for legal integrated turn signals where I live) made it an easy choice.

 

It's good and bright and doesn't look cheap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
c3tkeyo

I’ve had the TST for over a year, so far so good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bigturbomax

Thanks for the insight everyone. I just placed my order for the TST in clear with the LED flasher relay. I cant wait!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beemer
26 minutes ago, Bigturbomax said:

Thanks for the insight everyone. I just placed my order for the TST in clear with the LED flasher relay. I cant wait!

I have the clear also, you'll like it, I'm sure. What I've noticed with mine is people react differently to the setting where it strobes (how I have mine set up) for a second just before it switches to a steady light. People are stopping further out than before and that's a big plus. Getting a little respect now. It really seems to grab their attention and aside from that it just looks cool as hell. With it's design it almost looks like a circular neon light and that in itself grabs more attention, (at least I would think so) it's not just your standard, boring looking tail light.  👀   Enjoy!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
topazsparrow
6 minutes ago, Beemer said:

I have the clear also, you'll like it, I'm sure. What I've noticed with mine is people react differently to the setting where it strobes (how I have mine set up) for a second just before it switches to a steady light. People are stopping further out than before and that's a big plus. Getting a little respect now. It really seems to grab their attention and aside from that it just looks cool as hell. With it's design it almost looks like a circular neon light and that in itself grabs more attention, (at least I would think so) it's not just your standard, boring looking tail light.  👀   Enjoy!

I also found the same thing.

 

I'd never go back to a non strobing light. It's just such a great safety feature. When I ride in groups I get comments all the time asking why I'm flashing my light like that. That means people notice it, it's working and grabbing the attention of other riders and drivers just like a brake light should!

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mick97702

Plus 1 for the customled.com Blaster-X. Love it!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
motomeek
2 hours ago, mick97702 said:

Plus 1 for the customled.com Blaster-X. Love it!

Haha, same. +1. Super easy plug and play for anyone else that wants the flashing options but don't have the TST. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
djfz07

Are these even bright?  I've tried integrated taillights before but they've always been really hard to see, especially the turn signals since they have to be so close together.  All videos I've seen are in a dark garage where everything looks super bright.  I'm curious how they really are in direct sunlight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mick97702
5 hours ago, djfz07 said:

Are these even bright?  I've tried integrated taillights before but they've always been really hard to see, especially the turn signals since they have to be so close together.  All videos I've seen are in a dark garage where everything looks super bright.  I'm curious how they really are in direct sunlight.

Very. Brighter than factory with the added benefit of the strobing effect.  Don't trust videos and pictures. They can't capture the true candela of the lights and screens/monitors can not reproduce the intensity of them. Personally seeing them or the word of others is much more reliable. Mine are insanely bright. Like "I  see spots!" bright! Example, how bright is a picture of the sun? Can you look at it and will it burn your eyes? Not bashing or anything...😁

MVIMG_20180803_165952-756x1008.jpg

IMG_20180803_170024-756x1008.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beemer

I checked out the Blaster X's before I bought mine and they look very nice aaaaaand very bright. They actually appeared a hair brighter to me than the TST but since they're both much brighter than stock and bright enough to grab a blind mans attention I feel it comes down to preference at this point. The deciding factor for me was the cooler looking neon 'look' of the TST. Both are great lights, IMO.

2 (2).JPG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bigturbomax

My light showed up with USPS at the house while i was home for my lunch break! Tossed it in the saddle bag and took it back to work, where all my tools are :) . Stayed late after work and installed it with the the LED relay. VERY, VERY happy! When i came home and backed into the garage my wife immediately commented on how much brighter it is. Im running it in standard mode regular style brake light and turn signal. I also tapped the wires so my standard signals still illuminate with it. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bigturbomax

Stock running light in broad daylight

20180810_223927-1362x1134.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bigturbomax

TST clear running light in broad daylight

20180810_223948-1519x1031.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bigturbomax

And lastly, heres the turn signal again in broad daylight. The stock signal is also on. So for anyone concerned about visibility, notice the signal on the taillight is more legible in direct sun than the stock incandescant bulb. 

20180810_224358-1134x2016.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DewMan
11 hours ago, Bigturbomax said:

 notice the signal on the taillight is more legible in direct sun than the stock incandescant bulb. 

 

This is why I replaced the incandescent bulbs in the pumpkins  with much brighter LEDs over a year ago. They work great for the front running/turn signals as well as for the rear turn signal only lights. I've got a thread that the compares them to the stock bulbs and links to both the bulbs and the $10 LED flasher relay needed to negate hyper flash.

 

PS. Good choice on the TST. I love mine also.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.