The MT-07 Forum

Modern bikes

scordiaboy515

scordiaboy515

Just an observation as I reflect on 35 years of being a motorcycle enthusiast.........It's astounding to  me the development of motorcycle, suspension and tire technology that we now all enjoy.  Such a far cry from my first big street bike, a 1972 Honda CB750K.........my number one favorite bike is the Britten V1000.  John Britten was a brilliant man......if you ever take the time to read his bio you will agree, pure genius.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MbvMqNAFVY

• Premium Member

I haven't been riding nearly as long but coming from a 76 CB550 I agree, it is interesting to see how much technology improved. Also protective gear too compared to the 60's-70's onward.

Radial tires alone really changed the game.

In the future we will have a pre molecularization chamber for fuel so we burn vapors instead of a fine mist. 160 mpg economy! Well, just speculating anyway - the theory is logical and could prove practical.

Everything went braap.

I truely enjoy taking a ride on my FZ, then coming home and hopping directly onto my '75 XS650. This gives me a real sense of just how far bikes have come in 40 years. The XS is a "mild cafe" , so riding position is similar to the FZ. Both bikes are also parallel twins, but the XS has a 360 degree crank so it is a real shaker. Wheel base is similar to the FZ, but wheels are 19" up front and 18" in back. Once I jump on the XS & kick it to life, the first thing I notice (other than my eyeballs shaking in my skull) is the weight difference. The FZ is a real feather-weight compared to the XS and along with the 17 inch wheels, handling is super-sweet. I would say the biggest difference between the two bikes is the brakes. The XS has a wooden feel with a simgle rotor in front and drum in back while the FZ will let me stop-on-a dime. Don't get me wrong - the XS is a real kick to ride and I do love working on and riding that bike (in that order) -- but the FZ simply does everything better and easier. In my opinion, the FZ is a new bike with as much "character" as my trusty old XS.
100_4196_zps31e618b1.jpg

I have a 40 year old bike as well as the MT-07 strangely
I bought the MT because it feels very much like the old
bike to ride.

DSCF5090_zps1f648f76.jpg

scordiaboy515
I have a 40 year old bike as well as the MT-07 strangely I bought the MT because it feels very much like the old
bike to ride.

Moto Morini 3 1/2???

DSCF5090_zps1f648f76.jpg

• Premium Member

Holy Mackerel! This is deja vu all over again :) !
I grew up in Italy and my buddy had a Morini 350 and he let me drive it quite often (1976...). I don't remember if it was this one or the non-sport model, but it was a Morini 350.
I am starting to feel old...
MarcoPhysics Prof. Be aware :o:)

Owned it 20 years or so in it's first 20 years it only did about 3000 miles
since then I have put about 15000 on the clock, about 3000 of those this year
if one had to go it would be the MT will keep it till I can no longer ride it.
WP_000461_zpsa6ef9e1d.jpg

Archived