The MT-07 Forum

MT-07 Blurple Body Panels???

FZ07R WaNaB

FZ07R WaNaB

I don't know how I missed it, but I just saw my first (what appears to be factory) MT-07 with blurple body/side panels. I think that bike looks awesome. It does have the black frame not the blurple frame.

I have the silver and blurple FZ-07, and have no pride issues with putting MT-07 labeling on my bike. Those side panels are amazingly cheap, so what the heck...  my questions are:

Is that the factory colors?

Are those panels actually blurple, and more specifically are they the same blurple as the US wheels?

What year, and if possible does anyone have the model designation of that bike?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

blue-black-yamaha-mt-07.jpg

Yeah, that is a stock color Yamaha has offered. Not sure if it's in the US, but you could probably find the part number and purchase it.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

The color is called Yamaha Blue and it was one of the 2017 MT-07 factory colors offered in the UK and Europe, maybe Asia. I did not see it offered as a color option in North America. 

FZ07R WaNaB
30 minutes ago, Eastern Kayaker said:

The color is called Yamaha Blue and it was one of the 2017 MT-07 factory colors offered in the UK and Europe, maybe Asia. I did not see it offered as a color option in North America. 

It sure looks like the same color as the blurple of the US bikes. Plus that bike has the matte black on the tail end as does the US. The blurple frame in the US might look really good with those panels too. I am think of changing the vertical side cover from silver to matte black as well. It would be unique in the US to have that combo for sure.

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, FZ07R WaNaB said:

It sure looks like the same color as the blurple of the US bikes. Plus that bike has the matte black on the tail end as does the US. The blurple frame in the US might look really good with those panels too. I am think of changing the vertical side cover from silver to matte black as well. It would be unique in the US to have that combo for sure.

Should look real nice!  

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

FZ07R WaNaB

So I stuck my nose in my Yamaha dealer today. I didn't realize that the 2018 came with the blurple tank covers. They had one and it does look great, but.... The side panels of the 2018 aren't the same as the 2017 Euro MT-07 because of the new seat on the US 2018.

I checked with several parts people and from what I was told that the only to get those panels is have someone in the EU ship them to me. That's going to get pricey for sure. Something for me to think about.

BTW the 2018 MT-07 was the first one I sat on with the new seat. If you have short legs, you are screwed with the 2018 as it bows out your legs. The 2015-2017 is way friendlier for those short of leg.

Somebody who works a quarter-mile from my house rides one in pretty regularly and has that color.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

I've been wanting this color and found them at a euro online dealer. Was significantly more expensive than panels here in the US. Gonna have to wait till tax return time for a panel and wheel swap.

Archived