Yamaoldster

New old guy

Yamaoldster

Greetings, I'm an old retired guy who just sold  XSR900 and bought 2018 MT-07. Being 70 and standing 68 inches the MT-07 is a perfect fit, I really like it.  So far I have installed: windshield, 10 watt LED driving lights, voltmeter, center stand, mirror extenders,  throttle lock and palm rest .  I'm looking for aftermarket exhaust but find with center stand this could be a problem.

My other rides are: 1975 CB750 (café racer), Silverwing scooter, 650 Burgman,  FJ-09, 650 Vstrom and Yamaha Bolt.

• Like 2

bornagainbiker

Welcome to the forum. 😀

robbo10

The bike fits this old geezer too. When I was anticipating it from Yamaha, I was hoping for 70/60/50 - bhp/mpg uk/torque. It has met or exceeded all fhree. Lightness thrown in too. Enjoy.

pattonme

The Arrow fits with the centerstand.

SIgor420

Wow, awesome to read. Welcome to the club! :)

DewMan
4 hours ago, Yamaoldster said:

Greetings, I'm an old retired guy who just sold  XSR900 and bought 2018 MT-07. Being 70 and standing 68 inches the MT-07 is a perfect fit, I really like it.  So far I have installed: windshield, 10 watt LED driving lights, voltmeter, center stand, mirror extenders,  throttle lock and palm rest .  I'm looking for aftermarket exhaust but find with center stand this could be a problem.

My other rides are: 1975 CB750 (café racer), Silverwing scooter, 650 Burgman,  FJ-09, 650 Vstrom and Yamaha Bolt.

Welcome from another "more mature"  rider. 😀

There are numerous exhausts that will fit without issue with the SW Motech center stand.

The Akrapovic Yamaha FZ-07 2015-2016 Titanium Racing Full Exhaust System SKU: S-Y7R1-HAFT or the Akrapovic Racing Line (Titanium) MT-07 S-Y7R5-HEGEH are  just a couple of  examples. I didn't even have to remove the centerstand to install the Akra Ti. 

P.S. We need Pictures!

Edited by DewMan

NRWhiteKnight

Welcome to the forum. Both of those look great!