Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
pma

Hordpower

Recommended Posts

cornerslider

It's definitely worth it. The install is pretty easy..... Removing the "old" airbox = HARD 🤔..... I started out being very patient (as most people do). After about 30 minutes of frustration, I cut the airbox into small pieces with a "sawzall" (carefully). This is the way I would do it again- if I had to. The Hordpower intake is probably the BEST $300 I ever spent on my bike!!!! Good luck-

 

  • Like 3

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stickshift

I managed to remove the standard airbox in one piece by carefully following Hord's instructions, but it is a bit fiddly.

The Hordpower intake rocks, it makes noticeably more power.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16FZIA

New guy here, I had a question about the hord power airbox. I have been doing alot of looking into it and decided I was going to just make my own. I have all the parts I can't make myself figured out and ordered. The only thing I was not able to find is if the hord intake has a large radius leading into the throttle bodies or not. I did put one on mine but I was very curios if they did or not. The link below is to pictures of what I have done so far. The tubes were on back order so I only have one right now so I can't install it yet. Let me know what you guys think. 

 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/rA3pMT1tiuqM6kwMA

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stickshift
14 minutes ago, 16FZIA said:

I have been doing alot of looking into it and decided I was going to just make my own. I have all the parts I can't make myself figured out and ordered. The only thing I was not able to find is if the hord intake has a large radius leading into the throttle bodies or not.

That looks fantastic, well done.

Hord's design uses raised, radiused bellmouth intakes on the lower alloy plate.

A supporting bracket attaches the airbox to the frame so that it's mounted solid.

 

Hord.JPG

Edited by stickshift

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16FZIA
9 minutes ago, stickshift said:

That looks fantastic, well done.

Hord's design uses raised, radiused bellmouth intakes on the lower alloy plate.

A supporting bracket attaches the airbox to the frame so that it's mounted solid.

 

Hord.JPG

Thank you for that information!!! I have been looking for how they designed it. Hord uses an K&N-3325 filter but their is a E-3341 that is slightly taller ( just over 1/2"). All other dimensions are the same. If this fits well and has plenty of room I might possibly give the other filer a go and see what it flows. I would like to find a little wider filter so the intake radius isn't so close to the filter itself.  My logic behind the radius and short stack was to try and eliminate flow restriction because you need to make it smaller then the original tubes so it fits together. I didn't spend the time I should have double checking on solidworks to test it or looking for an alternative tube. This is kinda a project bike to play with so there will be alot of alterations and revisions to what I am doing. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16FZIA
21 minutes ago, stickshift said:

That looks fantastic, well done.

Hord's design uses raised, radiused bellmouth intakes on the lower alloy plate.

A supporting bracket attaches the airbox to the frame so that it's mounted solid.

 

Hord.JPG

Sorry for the double reply/ question they appear to be cast parts. Are they cast or machined from billet aluminum? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stickshift
3 hours ago, 16FZIA said:

Sorry for the double reply/ question they appear to be cast parts. Are they cast or machined from billet aluminum? 

It's machined from billet, it's just the photo that makes it look like it's cast.

My Hord filter has about 3/8" clearance with the shock at full compression. This might be different depending on which shock you have.

Moto2.jpg

Edited by stickshift

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16FZIA
23 hours ago, stickshift said:

It's machined from billet, it's just the photo that makes it look like it's cast.

My Hord filter has about 3/8" clearance with the shock at full compression. This might be different depending on which shock you have.

Moto2.jpg

I have a stock rear shock. So I more then likely have more room to spare. Off subject but how do you like the quick shifter? I wondered if it was worth the money on these or not. My brother has his ducati but that has so many other electronic controls that it does help. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stickshift
1 hour ago, 16FZIA said:

Off subject but how do you like the quick shifter?

I love using it at track days, it's faster to shift and smoother. 

I only rarely use it on the road, mainly because I don't spend much time on the road in the upper rev range.

Fuel/spark cut times are adjusted through a Power Commander.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16FZIA
On 12/6/2021 at 11:52 PM, stickshift said:

I love using it at track days, it's faster to shift and smoother. 

I only rarely use it on the road, mainly because I don't spend much time on the road in the upper rev range.

Fuel/spark cut times are adjusted through a Power Commander.

I don't go on the track anymore so would you say it's worth it for on road? Around here we have alot of back roads that you will be in the upper rims having a little fun. Not like on the track but pushing it. I also added a few more pictures to the Google photos. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
M. Hausknecht

How do YOU measure worth? I've raced motorcycles with and without a quickshifter and in this context, if you're trying to optimize your results you need to take all the advantages you can afford. A quickshifter, properly adjusted, will gain you enough of an advantage on a straight with two or three upshifts to get a pass against an otherwise equal rider/bike without a QS, or it will just allow you to keep up with otherwise equals with QS . In any other context, I think the difference in acceleration is irrelevant, except to the extent that you derive pleasure from the act of shifting without rolling off or from knowing you've got the latest technology. So, how much pleasure is a QS to you and what is it worth? I can think of a bunch of modifications with equivalent cost that would yield more benefit on the street.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stickshift
21 hours ago, 16FZIA said:

I don't go on the track anymore so would you say it's worth it for on road? Around here we have alot of back roads that you will be in the upper rims having a little fun. Not like on the track but pushing it. I also added a few more pictures to the Google photos. 

I don't think the QS is that useful on the road.

The money would be better spent towards getting an aftermarket rear shock.

Intake is looking great! How are you going to adjust the fueling?

Edited by stickshift

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16FZIA
On 12/9/2021 at 7:45 PM, stickshift said:

I don't think the QS is that useful on the road.

The money would be better spent towards getting an aftermarket rear shock.

Intake is looking great! How are you going to adjust the fueling?

2wheel dyno will be making all adjustments to the ECU. I do have a friend with a dyno that I plan on taking it to as well. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.