The MT-07 Forum

Harder to rev match after ECU?

captainkool4

captainkool4

Before my ecu flash I felt like I could match revs in the downshift pretty well.  Now, I feel like I can't ever catch it properly.  Have you guys noticed this?  Any tips to rev match perfect?

My understanding is pull in clutch, kick down a gear, rev higher then quickly release the clutch.

Thanks.

• Global Moderator

I did not find any difference in rev matching after I had my ECU flashed.  It looks like your are doing the right thing, just keep practicing.  Now got have another good reason to ride more :). 

• 3 weeks later...

If you are running stock exhaust that may be why. I couldn't rev match worth a crap when I had stock exhaust. Once I could hear it with the Akra, that problem quickly went away.

It may just take getting used to.  My wife and I both have 2015 FZ 07's and they both ride a little different.  The only real performance difference is hers has a Two Brothers and mine has a Yoshi exhaust.  But I just kind of blip the throttle on either one and once I've done it a few times I catch the rhythm and I'm used to it again.

• Premium Member

I didn't come across any difference after my 2wdw flash on stock exhaust, i just replaced the stock throttle tube with the R6 throttle tube and it's become a lot easier to match, not that it was difficult before it's just easier. 

If one thing is for sure about biking it is you are always adapting to something, doesn't necessarily mean anything is wrong. It will most likely come to you in time with lot's of practice. I suggest to give it more throttle quicker??? Maybe an R6 throttle tube would help make like it was before, a bit snappier. 

Beemer

captainkool4

Yeah I think I was holding the throttle open after the blip instead of a steady open then close, seems to work pretty well now.

Archived