The MT-07 Forum

New member UK

towner87

Hi guys,

I am Sam from Portsmouth, UK. I have a race blue 07. Thought I would join here to see what you guys over the pond are doing to your rides and hopefully take away some information/tips for mine. I would love to come over one day and do a coast to coast ride.

I have recently done a track day at Brands hatch race circuit, UK which was good fun.

anyways, looking forward to talking to some of you fairly soon :))

Sam.

[/img]

• Global Moderator

Welcome. It is always good to have some input from the other side of the pond. Brands Hatch must be a blast to ride. The closest I have come to that is driving it on Gran Torismo on my sons PS3. That first turn must be fantastic on a bike.

Welcome. It is always good to have some input from the other side of the pond. Brands Hatch must be a blast to ride. The closest I have come to that is driving it on Gran Torismo on my sons PS3. That first turn must be fantastic on a bike.
Thanks, Yeah It makes your stomach go funny as it chucks you down hill. I recorded it with a few Gopro's. Went into the gravel once as I hit some oil but kept it upright :) [video src=http://youtu.be/pC30sfZGJOw?list=UUStoinGAAQH4H6mc6ScJbjg]

• Global Moderator

Great video. Thanks. What windscreen is that? Also that does not sound like the stock exhaust. What are you running?

• Global Moderator

Welcome @towner87, great to have you here. Amazing video. Thanks for sharing.

Do you have any modifications?

Welcome and Bienvenue towner87. Could you take a picture of your bike with the HMS Victory in the background? I have visited her a few times, but never took a picture of her. Only if you can take the bike close enough of course.

Thanks for the nice welcome,

The exhaust is completely stock but I will be getting a MIVV GP system very soon.

The screen is a Ermax sport screen in light tint. Looks great but I have noticed that the tint is lop sided (will get a picture for you all to see)

Other mods areR&G crash protectors, Powerbronze tail tidy with some led indicators and a colour coded Yamaha belly pan.

I plan on getting a suspension upgrade after the exhaust.

I will try to get a picture of the bike and HMS Victory although this is inside the naval base so I may have to sweet talk the guards. HMS Warrior il get for you at the same time ????

Cheers and welcome to the forum.  Your video had me leaning in my seat  8-)  Very cool!  I just sold my UK bike (2K Triumph thunderbird).  The dealer network dried up over here and it was difficult to maintain.  I don't miss the triple carbs but it is an excellent machine.  Still, the FZ is much better handling and more fun to ride.

I will try to get a picture of the bike and HMS Victory although this is inside the naval base so I may have to sweet talk the guards. HMS Warrior il get for you at the same time ????
Also a picture of the HMS Warrior would be (as you guys say) lovely. :) 

Archived