The MT-07 Forum

Where do you sit on your bike?

captainkool4

captainkool4

I realized I sit way forward, so when I look down I can't see the seat at all just the tank and my legs.  On the highway the bike feels more star if I scoot back so there's about 4 or 5 inches if seat showing when I look down.

Where do you sit?

• Global Moderator

I move around but the stock seat seems to want to move me to the front. I may fix that with a spare seat and some foam. 

Liquidmetal

Pretty much centered on the seat.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

I generally like to sit about centered.  Low speed perhaps a touch forward, but after a while in the saddle then I'm with mick97702.  🤣

intensity_white

I feel like I can move more freely in the saddle the further back I move.  I'm aiming my sit bones for the widest part of the saddle.  I have the 18 comfort seat, and I could swear it feels like there is more gel right there, so it just feels right!

5 hours ago, captainkool4 said:

I realized I sit way forward, so when I look down I can't see the seat at all just the tank and my legs.  On the highway the bike feels more star if I scoot back so there's about 4 or 5 inches if seat showing when I look down.

Where do you sit?

I scoot forward like you describe when I'm hooning around in the curves. Out on the open road I shift back and forth for comfort.  

• Premium Member

I like to sit where im hugging the gas tank with my legs, far better control of bike...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

I move every 5-10 minutes to keep the onset of butt burn at bay for as long as possible, but sitting back where my rump is touching the pillion is the most used position for the added base of support.When attacking corners with vigor, I scoot forward for more control.

My seat pad is for my sit bones and no flesh bunching at the back.  It is smaller  than the original seat. Not much room for manoeuvre but it works for me. I can and do sit slightly off it to the rear for a change. Changing feet on peg placement to and from the balls of feet brings general relief, I find.

Just do it! 

NRWhiteKnight

I tend to sit up at the tank, but that is habit from when I raced/rode dirt bikes. I do move around some but that is my default position. 

2018 MT-07 - Mods: Shorty Levers, Radiator Guard, Puig Sport Windscreen,Air box  Snorkel Removed.

On the seat, facing the front tires and hands on the handle bars
It was weird because once when I went to motorcycle how to sit on your bike school they told me on your head holding the foot pegs and steering with your feet was wrong
Go figure

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• 3 weeks later...

If im cruising I tend to sit more towards the front/middle but for more spirited riding and hitting twisties, I throw my butt in the back and get nice and low. 

'16 FZ-07 Matte Silver/Blurple
Instagram:Mintsopoulos

• Global Moderator

i tend to sit centered, but I had my seat reupholstered and a much firmer foam added as a core, then a softer foam added for cushion.  

the cover on my seat was also changed to a 'gripper' texture that grips well in cold, and is hard to un-velcro my ass from it in the AZ summer. 

19 hours ago, Old Man said:

Why do all the YouTube reviews say it's soooooo comfortable. WTF? 

none of them are usually over 5'10 and dont have to worry about knee cramping and more weight on the seat.

as a 6'1 rider myself the stock seat was  "ok" at best but the ergos werent right for someone my size.

so i modified them and they still arent right, but close enough that i'm happy until i get a set of rearset plates

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

I'm 6'2", 180#... I need more room to sit back. Already have my eye on a set of Woodcraft clip-ons. I want lower bars, more reach. Never bought rearsets. What do they do position-wise? 

• Global Moderator
55 minutes ago, Old Man said:

I'm 6'2", 180#... I need more room to sit back. Already have my eye on a set of Woodcraft clip-ons. I want lower bars, more reach. Never bought rearsets. What do they do position-wise? 

they pull your feet up and back for the more supersport type feel you're going for

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

I'm 5'10", so tend to sit up close to the tank in stop-and-go since I can reach the ground more comfortably. On the interstate, I have found that sitting further back (plus my windscreen) cuts the wind way down. Either way, I have found the stock seat to wear in quite nicely now at 3,000 miles even though I have zero natural padding.  

12 hours ago, sorkyah said:

they pull your feet up and back for the more supersport type feel you're going for

They will compliment the lean forward position and your legs should be less cramped as well but don't buy the cheapies if you buy them.

Beemer

Archived