The MT-07 Forum

Changing headlight bulb

yoav

Hey, I wonder if you guys can help me.
I want to change my MT07 headlight from that stock yellow light to a more white brighter one. In my country XENON and HID kits are not allowed.
Is there a light bulb replacement for the headlight that will give me that bright white color and wont melt the lens?
Thank you.

I've been in the same boat in the past with my cars. I wanted a whiter light without going to a full HID kit. I LOVE the Philips Crystalvision Ultra bulbs. Sets of two usually run $25 or less on amazon. Color and brightness are great, and are as close as you can get to an HID kit without having one. The philips bulbs are more of a 5000k color, so they are pure white with little to no yellow. They do not have a blue hue, just arctic white. I had them in my low beams and fogs on my Focus ST and loved them. Whenever I get a bike i'm already planning on putting crystalvision bulbs in it.

There will be other companies and cheapies on ebay that claim "HID-like light output" but these crystalvisions are solid without being overly expensive. And...they're about half the price of the sylvania silverstars...which i'm not a fan of.

Archived