The MT-07 Forum

What bike would you like to test ride?

MT27

Liquidmetal

Yamaha Niken.  Don't want to own one, but I do want to ride one.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Hoping to ride R1 in few weeks at Sonoma raceway Yamaha track day.

As much as try to make my 07 track friendly, would be nice to ride bike designed to do so.

The VanderHeide Motorcycle caught my attention back when it was first announced.  Don't think it ever made it into production, just the one prototype.  I guess they couldn't get folks to bite at the 150,000 euro price tag 🤣

I'd also like to ride a really good electric for a day to see if the range vs performance is there.

I'm a Yamaha guy and ever since Kawasaki went up against Yamaha in '85 with their "Eliminator" (or "Eliminator Not", you might say) I would have to say a VMax, just for the rush if nothing else. 

Beemer

FZ07R WaNaB

I think Moto Guzzi's are some of the greatest bikes. Having said that, I would really like to ride the Moto Guzzi Griso 1200 SE

Griso Black Dx.png

6cyl Honda race bike first

Britten second

Honda cbr500r ( not kidding). I love the motor and haven't had a ride on one yet. Had a play race one a great little twisty road against one on the 07 and was very impressed. The other rider was a good rider though, but the bike carved very nicely.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Would love to get a ride on a Nikken most of all.

Also curious to see how the new CRF450L will do

Sportster 1200 Roadster and Z900RS are also on the list.

• Global Moderator

Fz10

Rode one on a track when they first came out

Shift pattern was reversed for me and I had a hard time

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Bigturbomax

I want to ride a tracer 700(as in ride one home and put it in my garage. Man i hope those make it the the US).

More seriously tho, i want a crack at an MT-10 

Being fortunate to live within a 10-15 minute ride of several dealers here in Western NY (outside Buffalo), I have had the great luck to be able to ride a bunch of motorcycles lately from several different brands.  This has been through demo days and simple requests, plus being nice to staff that knew I was in the market for a second bike. 

Just in the last year I have have been on a: Ducati Diavel (used) and X-Diavel (new); Yamaha MT-07, MT-09, FJ-09 (Tracer 900), FJR-1300, XSR-700, and R3 (all new at demo day on my b-day); Kawasaki Ninja 650, Ninja 400, Z-650 and Z900RS (all new); and Honda VFR 800 (used of course).

After all of that, I picked up a used 2015 FZ-07 from a private individual, and yes, I feel a bit guilty not buying new at one of those dealerships.  That said, I would like to ride a Honda CB500r, Indian Scout Bobber, Yamaha Niken, and the new Harley Streetfighter 975 (when it comes out).  I might also like to ride a BMW R9T and Triumph Thunderbird Storm.

Love the little FZ (my other bike is a 2012 Star Stryker), but not in love with its suspension (6 ft and 210 lbs in gear) and engine braking (exhaust and flash coming soon).  Rider triangle and light weight are good, and love the engine.

• 3 months later...

Archived