Jump to content
motomeek

Helmet Wall Storage Ideas

Recommended Posts

motomeek

So I live in a complex, so there's no opportunity to create storage in the garage next to our bikes. 

 

We bring our stuff in and currently have been placing our helmets into the square storage (KALLAX) from IKEA. 

It's not the best, since we have Sena communicators and my wife mounts her Drift Camera on the top of her helmets... it's a tight squeeze and things getting scratched, or the Sena making it sit all crooked... 

 

ALAS, I've been looking at ideas to possibly mount the helmets on the wall which would allow all the fixin's on the helmet to free from getting hit and such. 

 

Wanted to know anyone's thoughts or experiences from certain types out there. 

I've read that you could compress the padding depending on which mount you use. 

 

I'm also looking for something modern, and hopefully doesn't stick out too far off the wall since our entryway is pretty narrow. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
robbo10

How about stringing them from the ceiling - height available?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gregjet

I used to find some concrete blocks and boards gave a nice brutalist-industrial modern look to a flat, and held helmets and books well...Not to everyones taste though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
motomeek
21 hours ago, robbo10 said:

How about stringing them from the ceiling - height available?

What would that look like?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
motomeek
On 7/25/2018 at 10:39 AM, Carne Seca said:

i have one of these. works fine for me.

 

 

 

http://www.helmet-holder.com/

This is definitely up there in terms of choices. 

 

Anyone have any experience with the aerostitch one

 

1109422035_ScreenShot2018-07-25at10_43_17AM.thumb.png.9b065a83175ae46539c4ed76d230cf57.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
robbo10
36 minutes ago, motomeek said:

What would that look like?

I work on the idea that if you cannot go wide, you have to go up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Carne Seca
4 hours ago, motomeek said:

This is definitely up there in terms of choices. 

 

Anyone have any experience with the aerostitch one

 

1109422035_ScreenShot2018-07-25at10_43_17AM.thumb.png.9b065a83175ae46539c4ed76d230cf57.png

thats neat, basically the same thing but with a shelf for your gloves.

 

i have a shoe/boot rack thing that i set my gloves and stuff on for now, but those could be good when i finish the man cave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beemer
On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 1:39 PM, Carne Seca said:

i have one of these. works fine for me.

 

 

 

http://www.helmet-holder.com/

That's a nice product but a person with the tools and basic know-how could easily make one of those themselves out of wood or metal. Nice wood usually looks better, IMO. Question, not that I care but maybe your management does, are you allowed to make alterations (holes) in a wall since it isn't yours? It's just a suggestion but I would get an OK in writing so it didn't come back to bite me later when I moved out. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Liquidmetal

I use a wreath hanger hung on the inside of the closet door of the entry way for my full face helmet.  Really cheap, two second install, works great.  My hanger just hangs on the door, but you could bolt one to a wall if so inclined.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
motomeek
3 hours ago, Beemer said:

That's a nice product but a person with the tools and basic know-how could easily make one of those themselves out of wood or metal. Nice wood usually looks better, IMO. Question, not that I care but maybe your management does, are you allowed to make alterations (holes) in a wall since it isn't yours? It's just a suggestion but I would get an OK in writing so it didn't come back to bite me later when I moved out. 😉

Haha, thanks for the concern, but that's a non-issue. It's not a rental property. :)

 

And you're right, someone could make these. I'm not that person lol. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gregjet

I like those wall mounts!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sorkyah
On 7/27/2018 at 10:56 AM, motomeek said:

Haha, thanks for the concern, but that's a non-issue. It's not a rental property. :)

 

And you're right, someone could make these. I'm not that person lol. 

I probably could design something similar

I'm getting an order laser cut here in a few weeks and might be able to add it to that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gregjet

Might make a hardwood and steel standalone using a similar design.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
motomeek
On 7/28/2018 at 7:21 PM, sorkyah said:

I probably could design something similar

I'm getting an order laser cut here in a few weeks and might be able to add it to that

SORKYAH - YOU'RE ALIVE!

 

Long time, no seeeeeeee.

 

I'm definitely leaning more towards the Aerostitch setup. I like how there's a spot to hold gloves behind the helmet. 

 

 

Hope you're doing well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sorkyah
On 7/30/2018 at 10:51 AM, motomeek said:

SORKYAH - YOU'RE ALIVE!

 

Long time, no seeeeeeee.

 

I'm definitely leaning more towards the Aerostitch setup. I like how there's a spot to hold gloves behind the helmet. 

 

 

Hope you're doing well!

Barely,

been going through some shet, 

Was homeless for a bit, now I'm back on the bike and working my ass off to not be again.

 

As for your helmet mount situ, if you want me to, 

I have modeled  some up and can have em laser cut with my next order. You would have to paint it, but I think that'll be fun for you and the wife to personalize

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
motomeek
11 hours ago, sorkyah said:

Barely,

been going through some shet, 

Was homeless for a bit, now I'm back on the bike and working my ass off to not be again.

 

As for your helmet mount situ, if you want me to, 

I have modeled  some up and can have em laser cut with my next order. You would have to paint it, but I think that'll be fun for you and the wife to personalize

 

Sorry to hear, glad things are better. 

 

I actually went ahead and purchases them. My birthday is almost here, so I decided to treat myself. 

 

Thank you for the offer tho! I really didn't want to hassle you about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sorkyah
7 minutes ago, motomeek said:

Sorry to hear, glad things are better. 

 

I actually went ahead and purchases them. My birthday is almost here, so I decided to treat myself. 

 

Thank you for the offer tho! I really didn't want to hassle you about it. 

Thnx, and happy bday

 

I think I'll make some up anyway, some of things I make could use em anyway. Maybe I'll work on adding a fan to em. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
motomeek
On 8/6/2018 at 2:47 PM, sorkyah said:

Thnx, and happy bday

 

I think I'll make some up anyway, some of things I make could use em anyway. Maybe I'll work on adding a fan to em. 

TY! Do eeett. Would love to see what you end up with!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.