The MT-07 Forum

WHATS THE BEST LED HEADLIGHT BULB FOR PRICE

AkraRex

WHATS THE BEST LED HEADLIGHT BULB FOR PRICE THAT CAN GET AROUND THE BLACK RUBBER HOUSING

Edited by AkraRex

3 minutes ago, godoy.rafa said:

I use Philips Xtreme Vision Moto H4, I like it. Much better than stock. I have done some search couple weeks ago and I believe it is the best.

IS THAT A LED BULB

1 hour ago, AkraRex said:

WHATS THE BEST LED HEADLIGHT BULB FOR PRICE THAT CAN GET AROUND THE BLACK RUBBER HOUSING

WHY ARE YOU YELLING? 

Hehehe, welcome to the FZ-07 club! I personally had to cut my rubber housing a little bit to fit the fan motor and heatsink attached to the LED bulb. It wasn't difficult. From what I know, that housing is made for halogen bulbs that don't have the additional parts like a fan motor and heatsink. So anything like an HID or LED will require you to cut the housing to make space.

I personally l prefer Cyclop's bulbs installed on both of my bikes as their long-term quality and customer service is top notch. Here's their 10K Lumen LED bulb for $79.95. And here's a quick installation video from YouTube.

Edited by Duke
punctuation
  • Like 6

You do you and I'll do me.

Another vote for Cyclops. Got their H4 type bulbs in two bikes now. So much light spread I forget to even use high beam - honestly. And I've never been flashed by oncoming traffic. I drove towards my neighbor as a test and while he said the light was very white, it didn't dazzle his eyes at all. Fabulous product.

The bulb comes apart in to two halves allowing it to fit inside the stock rubber boot. Install the Cyclops base like a typical bulb- reinstall stock rubber boot- install bulb in to base. 

Easy peasy!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, shinyribs said:

Another vote for Cyclops. Got their H4 type bulbs in two bikes now. So much light spread I forget to even use high beam - honestly. And I've never been flashed by oncoming traffic. I drove towards my neighbor as a test and while he said the light was very white, it didn't dazzle his eyes at all. Fabulous product.

The bulb comes apart in to two halves allowing it to fit inside the stock rubber boot. Install the Cyclops base like a typical bulb- reinstall stock rubber boot- install bulb in to base. 

Easy peasy!

OMG, why didn't I think of doing that?

I have the older 7K Lumen version on both of my bikes and never thought to take the halves apart 🤣

• Haha 1

You do you and I'll do me.

is the light projection clean and straight not choppy?  theres alot of leds out there that are bright but dont have a clean projection line

1 hour ago, AkraRex said:

is the light projection clean and straight not choppy?  theres alot of leds out there that are bright but dont have a clean projection line

Please show me one that has a totally even and clean projection. No Bike LED light that I have used or tested has accomplished that. 

All things considered, Cyclops is the way to go. They are a vendor here because we have found their kit to be the best LED option for the MT-07 and their customer service is way beyond anyone else. 

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

Old thread but I need to point out that the Phillips ( now LumiLed) LED bulbs now do give a clean even spread with a proper low beam cutoff with the segmented reflectors like ours. They do this by the emmitters exactly emulating the size and position of the of QI tungsten filaments. I though I had posted pics but I will check.

• Like 1

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 2:22 PM, Duke said:

OMG, why didn't I think of doing that?

I have the older 7K Lumen version on both of my bikes and never thought to take the halves apart 🤣

You best join me on the coffee train, ha! 😴

Beemer

Super tape the box of these to your handle bars

26 bucks man

LEDs.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 3:15 PM, AkraRex said:

That's also a personal choice. I've seen lights where the beam was what you could call "focused" and had a distinct edge to the beam, it didn't allow the light to spread out but even though I liked in some instances because IT WAS more focused, (E.G. looking straight ahead) I didn't like the fact that when I lean to turn the light doesn't spread out and therefore leaves huge dark spots ahead of me and I seriously hate that. My Cyclops at least spreads the light out some to help light up the turns a little rather than none at all. Granted, it's not perfect on doing that but it's a start.

@AkraRex  I've owned the older, 3800 lumen Cyclops bulb and it worked fine, no complaints. I've had the 10k Cyclops for months now and love it, it's very bright and no complaints from oncoming drivers. Take a look at the video I posted under Vendors/Cyclops Adventure Sports and get an idea of just how bright the bulb is and what the pattern looks like.

• Like 1

Beemer

• 3 months later...

Hi, I used this site and am very happy. The LED replacement in an incandescent/halogen application was thought out and it works mint.

WWW.SUPERBRIGHTLEDS.COM

Our Vehicle Bulb Finder is a quick and easy way to locate LED bulbs for your 2017 Yamaha FZ-07. Whether you're searching for replacements for burned-out or dim incandescent bulbs or if you...

• Like 1

Similar approach as the Phillips ones. emmitters emulate QI tungstan coil filiments in position, size and orientation. Should give correct focus and cutoff if oriented correctly.  If not check to see if they have a rotation lock screw and try rotating it.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

On 2/8/2019 at 8:23 PM, kurt07 said:

Hi, I used this site and am very happy. The LED replacement in an incandescent/halogen application was thought out and it works mint.

WWW.SUPERBRIGHTLEDS.COM

Our Vehicle Bulb Finder is a quick and easy way to locate LED bulbs for your 2017 Yamaha FZ-07. Whether you're searching for replacements for burned-out or dim incandescent bulbs or if you...

But which model did you buy?

I bought the:

Motorcycle H4 LED Fanless Headlight Conversion Kit with Compact Heat Sink - 2,000 Lumens - Cool White

It was $35 USD.

This is a superior LED made for existing lens reflector on FZ-07.

I did not get indicator lights, the headlamp was the most important.

image.thumb.png.4bc9007dd48fa0912388d53c936c1a63.pngimage.thumb.jpeg.5befcba21e10c4e6ef1e3b27458b5668.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.5befcba21e10c4e6ef1e3b27458b5668.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Another vote for the Cyclops - I have the older 7K and it's silly how bright it is compared to stock - Imagine the stock bulb is a birthday candle, the Cyclops would be a searchlight.  The new 10K might be bordering on stupid bright, but I'm a fan of bright,  so...

Sorry I can't give comparison pics, but a search should reveal older posts with photos.

(Off topic, but if you are sticking with stock blinkers, but want them to be seen, I upgraded to LED bulbs for those and am impressed with these. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EEI9LLM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 with this flasher relay:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RM26LXO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

On 2/19/2019 at 9:18 AM, kurt07 said:

I bought the:

Motorcycle H4 LED Fanless Headlight Conversion Kit with Compact Heat Sink - 2,000 Lumens - Cool White

It was $35 USD.

This is a superior LED made for existing lens reflector on FZ-07.

I did not get indicator lights, the headlamp was the most important.

image.thumb.png.4bc9007dd48fa0912388d53c936c1a63.pngimage.thumb.jpeg.5befcba21e10c4e6ef1e3b27458b5668.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.5befcba21e10c4e6ef1e3b27458b5668.jpeg

How long ago did you buy it ? How easy was the install ?

• 1 year later...
Sunnycalibear

I've been looking for a brighter bulb than stock and after seeing so many people vouch for Cyclops I am purchasing their bulb. 

Modifying my bike has never been easier after joining this forum.