The MT-07 Forum

Does Yamaha Motor monitor this site?

firstyammerha

firstyammerha

This just crossed my mind after reading the automatic turn signal canceller thread. They could get some input on what features the owners want or what features need improvement. Maybe they just monitor the bike mags reviews. Can Cruzin comment as to whether he's had contact with them?

Every supplier wants your feedback these days. Yamaha just has to look in here now and again.  They also have their 'Design Cafe' on their website for specific bikes.

Just do it! 

8 hours ago, firstyammerha said:

This just crossed my mind after reading the automatic turn signal canceller thread. They could get some input on what features the owners want or what features need improvement. Maybe they just monitor the bike mags reviews. Can Cruzin comment as to whether he's had contact with them?

Yes they visit, no they wont admit it. No, they won't post here.  No, they won't return my emails. 

They foolishly ignore the HUGE selling opportunity that exists with forums.   This is because they let dealers sell for them. Marketing is up to them and they dont want to go near dealing with end users. 

But I track visits from their IP addresses in Ca and Japan. They visit often. 

I'm thinking that they should keep the MT basic to keep the price down because that alone is a good selling point and put all the nice, fancy stuff on the Tracer since it comes out of the factory beefed up a bit already. Make that their more expensive, uber nice, "flagship" 700.

Beemer

firstyammerha

my feeling is they don't pay attention to riders complaints regarding their products because they've had the same design shortcomings for eons. 

No

But russian alien dwarfs from North korea do and they collude with china

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Perhaps there should be a new Heading: "Ah so, Yamaha". Make it eay for them - and us. We could post all our suggestions in one place. 😊

Just do it! 

firstyammerha

I've been on the Yamaha site but didn't see the "design café". Is it a section of the site where owners can offer their input?

1 hour ago, firstyammerha said:

I've been on the Yamaha site but didn't see the "design café". Is it a section of the site where owners can offer their input?

Yes it is. They ask for feedback on specific bikes. It is not always easy to find on the site - even searching does not necessarily reveal it. But it is there. 

Just do it! 

I have checked their website. You have to go into a bike where you can find specs; for example, Niken. Then on lower right of page there is " How did we develop the Niken". Click on that and you can read about that, and you can also see on the right hand side they ask what you think of the Niken. That takes you into a survey. They will also ask you about your bike.  e.g.-

https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/designcafe/en/index.aspx?view=article&id=731981&fromurl=https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/uk/products/motorcycles/niken/niken.aspx&fromsite=Yamaha Motor UK

There are usually a couple of bikes they are asking about.

Just do it! 

Archived