The MT-07 Forum

Renthal bars and compatible mirrors?

topazsparrow

topazsparrow

I was running drag bars before and the inner diameter was big enough to fit almost all amazon/ebay bar end mirrors. I have a set that looks and works great for the last year or so.

I recently changed to Renthal Ultra-Lows and noticed that not only do my bar end mirrors not fit inside them, but the stock bar ends also do not fit, so I have nothing to mount the mirrors to now.

Is there any cost effective mirror options for those of you who are running renthal bars with their absurdly small inner diameter? (I think it's like 13.5mm or something)

I use these on my Renthal Road mediums and they work fine. I know I know they're cheap but hey they work. Are the bars you have standard 7/8ths OD? My mediums are 7/8ths and these mirrors fit fine.

On 7/19/2018 at 11:52 AM, topazsparrow said:

I was running drag bars before and the inner diameter was big enough to fit almost all amazon/ebay bar end mirrors. I have a set that looks and works great for the last year or so.

I recently changed to Renthal Ultra-Lows and noticed that not only do my bar end mirrors not fit inside them, but the stock bar ends also do not fit, so I have nothing to mount the mirrors to now.

Is there any cost effective mirror options for those of you who are running renthal bars with their absurdly small inner diameter? (I think it's like 13.5mm or something)

I typed "Renthal bars mirrors" into this forum's search bar and got ten pages of thread results. 

https://fz07.org/searchresults.html?q=renthal+bars+mirrors

This forum has been around since day one of the FZ-07 production. Most everything on this bike has been tried and worked out here. 

Of the ten pages of results. I would start with this one 

topazsparrow
10 hours ago, Cruizin said:

I typed "Renthal bars mirrors" into this forum's search bar and got ten pages of thread results. 

https://fz07.org/searchresults.html?q=renthal+bars+mirrors

This forum has been around since day one of the FZ-07 production. Most everything on this bike has been tried and worked out here. 

Of the ten pages of results. I would start with this one 

Thanks man. I did a search and it seems like almost everyone goes with CRG mirrors which are out of my price range ATM.

The renthal bars have a 14mm inner diameter which makes it tricky to find compatible mirrors. I did find that CRG makes an adapter for 20 - 40 bucks that standard bar end mirrors can attach to (7/8'ths OD). I was also able to find a 14mm nut to grind down a bit and fit inside the bars that lets me use the amazon specials I was already using. Had to change the rubber expander to a vacuum tubing of a smaller diameter and use a bit of glue, but it's working great so far.

Archived