slideways

I have a love/hate relationship with windsceens. After two years on a Kawasaki 1400 Konnie with an adjustable windscreen that looked like it belonged and provided unparalled quiet and protection anything less just doesn't work for me. Ever since I've used windsceens that work no matter what they look like. Function first form second. What I have always done is  modify and mount so that they can come off quick and easy.

The National Cycle V-Stream touring is what I decided on after first trying the middle height model and realizing it would not do what I wanted. After installing the tall touring version and being certain my obsessive research would be correct a quick test ride showed I was soooooo wrong. The air is lifted off the chest and shoulders but my helmet was getting blasted worse than no windshield at all. I dug out an X-Screen that makes an awful looking monstrosity look even worse, installed it and voila silence. I can comfortably ride with the faceshield up and engine is louder than the wind.

Had to notch the edge to clear the break reservoir because the Woodcraft bars move everything bar mounted forward a bit. Then drilled two holes above the lower two mount bolts which upon pulling a rubber plug allows a t-handle Allen wrench get at them. The top two bolts were replaced with flange head bolts because a ratchet wrench is much easier and faster. 

Looks awful works great (is that a punch line to an old joke) and can be on or off in under 10min.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

scotto

I second the National Cycle V-Stream.  I have had them on both my fj and Tenere.  They really work wonderfully.  Three sizes to choose from and their stuff is quality.  Had a touring size of their previous model on my sv that was also top notch.

These are recently introduced.  Just saw them on their websight yesterday.  Revzilla did not have them listed yet but I bet they could get it for you, save on shipping.

Edited by scotto
Update

scotto

@slideways, is that the latest touring model from National Cycle?  Or might it be one for the MT09 that you have adapted?  I ask because I've had 2 neck surgurys and am looking for something very tall.  The pictures on their websight don't show their touring model being as tall as yours.  They show one that is only tops out about mirror height.  Thanks for any help you can supply.  I tried to message you but it wouldn't allow me.

Edited by scotto
To get message to

Beemer
On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 9:42 PM, slideways said:

I have a love/hate relationship with windsceens. After two years on a Kawasaki 1400 Konnie with an adjustable windscreen that looked like it belonged and provided unparalled quiet and protection anything less just doesn't work for me. Ever since I've used windsceens that work no matter what they look like. Function first form second. What I have always done is  modify and mount so that they can come off quick and easy.

The National Cycle V-Stream touring is what I decided on after first trying the middle height model and realizing it would not do what I wanted. After installing the tall touring version and being certain my obsessive research would be correct a quick test ride showed I was soooooo wrong. The air is lifted off the chest and shoulders but my helmet was getting blasted worse than no windshield at all. I dug out an X-Screen that makes an awful looking monstrosity look even worse, installed it and voila silence. I can comfortably ride with the faceshield up and engine is louder than the wind.

Had to notch the edge to clear the break reservoir because the Woodcraft bars move everything bar mounted forward a bit. Then drilled two holes above the lower two mount bolts which upon pulling a rubber plug allows a t-handle Allen wrench get at them. The top two bolts were replaced with flange head bolts because a ratchet wrench is much easier and faster. 

Looks awful works great (is that a punch line to an old joke) and can be on or off in under 10min.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

How do you stop the light from that yellow lensed fog light from reflecting light off the windscreen and back into your eyes?

slideways

I fully expected to have to reposition to light but to my surprise it does not reflect back nor light up the windshield. Go figure....

scotto

@slideways, please refer back to my previous post questioing exactly which model National Cycle windsheild that is pictured in your post.  It definatly isn't the current Touring model they sell now.  It seems to look like the touring model they sell for the FJ09.  I can't figure out what mounting system you could have used.  I'm interested in an oversize windsheild and yours is the best I've seen.  Do you find that your handling is ever adversely effected having such a large screen.  

Thank you for any help you can provide.