The MT-07 Forum

2018 MT 07 Windscreens

ZackP3

Hello, 

I am sorry if there is already a thread for this, but I have a 2018 MT07 and have recently realized Yamaha decided to change the bolt patterns used for windscreens.  I have been unsuccessful in finding windscreens for the 2018 model and wanted to know if anyone here has had some luck.  

It is my understanding that they replaced the headlight with the ones on the old fz09 headlight. I've ordered one for that model and I'll let you know once I get my hands on it. 👍

• Like 1

Are you looking for style or function?

I'm pretty sure there are already few OEM screens for the 18

Ermax has 2

https://www.ermax.com/Yamaha/MT-07(FZ-7)/sport_nose_screen_.html?egap=article&ida=7181

https://www.ermax.com/Yamaha/MT-07(FZ-7)/nose_screen_.html?egap=article&ida=7183

Puig has a few and even has a wind resistance break down for each

https://puig.tv/en/bybike/yamaha_mt-07_2018

On 7/20/2018 at 12:52 AM, MTheaded said:

It is my understanding that they replaced the headlight with the ones on the old fz09 headlight. I've ordered one for that model and I'll let you know once I get my hands on it. 👍

Have you had a chance to test the windshield you order? I also am in the same boat and since there is nothing available in Canada yet, I was planning to try some MRA universal. In any case let us know.

• Like 1

I have an Ermax for my bike and I like it. I recently took it off just so it would look more like a street fighter, I think the bike looks best that way but the other day I was on the highway, heading into the wind and the wind kept pushing up on the bottom of the helmets chin and hard on my chest. I didn't like my head being jerked up like that. Granted, I was doing around 90 mph. My grip was noticeably tighter than w/windscreen and I can't take too much of that. I may put the windscreen back on. I have the blue satin 39 cm for an '15 FZ-07. Here's a link for them, I highly recommend them if you're having trouble with wind. They do work!

https://www.ermax.com/Yamaha/MT-07(FZ-7)/nose_screen_.html?egap=article&ida=7183

Beemer

I'll be getting the flyscreen for purely aesthetic reasons. Not expecting any wind protection but will update once I've taken it for a decent ride.

2018-yamaha-mt-07-eu-yamaha-blue-accessorizeddetail-019.jpg

• Like 2

OK, this is pissing me off.

i cant find anyone that is stocking windscreens for the 20118 MT.

puig and ermax dont sell here except through distributors that are not showing the products for sale here in the US.

MamaYamaha has their products, for ungodly prices and they dont look as nice as the Euro aftermarket stuff.

even most of the ebay stuff i'm finding isnt marked for the 2018.

1 hour ago, BlueMule said:

Lest I speak..

just found this guy with some  puig parts.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_ssn=motea-com&_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=mt07&rt=nc

Can sometimes find good deals at Cucamonga, brings OEM closer in line with Puig and Ermax

https://www.yocracing.com/accessory_store/store/yoc_listitems.asp?idcategory=1533

• Like 1

Have you tried motomachines? That's where I bought mine but I don't know if they carry them for 18's.

Beemer

3 hours ago, Beemer said:

Have you tried motomachines? That's where I bought mine but I don't know if they carry them for 18's.

yes.

no 2018 screens yet. ( well, MAYBE on a special order.)

there are a handful of parts i'm looking for that most of the aftermarket doesn't seem to have caught up with yet.

European makers/shops have stuff, but theres the whole price, shipping and  language thing that makes me a bit gunshy about ordering.

I'm usually pretty good at finding stuff on the Net, but this ones frustrating.

i think a bit of it is that many parts crossover, but the descriptions aren't updated. (that reflected in some of the ebay/amazon listings)

also, i'm trying to avoid all the cheap ass chinese junk floating around.

Edited by BlueMule

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 12:33 PM, BlueMule said:

yes.

no 2018 screens yet. ( well, MAYBE on a special order.)

there are a handful of parts i'm looking for that most of the aftermarket doesn't seem to have caught up with yet.

European makers/shops have stuff, but theres the whole price, shipping and  language thing that makes me a bit gunshy about ordering.

I'm usually pretty good at finding stuff on the Net, but this ones frustrating.

i think a bit of it is that many parts crossover, but the descriptions aren't updated. (that reflected in some of the ebay/amazon listings)

also, i'm trying to avoid all the cheap ass chinese junk floating around.

lol! Just kidding but I thought that everything was made in China any more. 🤔 GL! Maybe with the new tariffs American business will boom a bit and help us out in the future.

Beemer

I acquired the Puig sport windscreen as a mistake cause i thought i was buying the touring one but i wasnt. I would say it protects you from the wind pretty good till you hit 90mph, after that you gotta tuck-in.

• Like 1

Just installed the Yamaha Sport Screen.  Gotta say, I don't feel much of a difference.  I wasn't expecting much but I thought at highway speeds I'd notice something.  If anything, I guess my grip is a little less on the bars on the highway but that honestly could just be my imagination.  It's easier to clean up bugs on the screen than to pick them out of the handlebar/gauge areas though. 

20180809_094139.thumb.jpg.66ea45d02a1bd5f5fb0de0beaf0692b7.jpg

• Like 1

That Yamaha Sport Screen doesn't appear to come up high enough to block wind from hitting the chest. My windscreen comes up a little higher and it does block wind on the chest and bottom of my helmet but I lean forward a little and head down slightly because of handlebars.

IMG_0739 (2).JPG

Beemer

https://www.motea.com/en/catalogsearch/result/index/?p=1&product_list_dir=desc&product_list_order=price&q=

I got my Piug screen today. bought it from the above company, they seem to have some stuff for the '18s. they have an Ebay store that i bought from, turns out you pay more on ebay . FML

i'll get it mounted, tested and apic up tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...

I know this is a bit late, but I was finally able to find a US dealer carrying the Ermax lineup for the 2018's: https://motostarz.com/collections/mt-07-2018/brands_ermax

I've got a dark black sport screen on it's way.  Sure, it probably won't do much in terms of wind blockage, but I think they look good and clean up the front of the bike a little.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/30/2018 at 9:22 PM, MTheaded said:

The package is due to deliver on Aug 2nd I should know then.

Has there been any update on whether fz-09 screen are compatable with 2018 mt07s?

19 hours ago, Hoboetiquette said:

Has there been any update on whether fz-09 screen are compatable with 2018 mt07s?

The bracket I received is a off on one bolt on each side by about a centimeter. Idk if it's because it maybe a Chinese knockoff or what so I can't actually confirm, but mine doesn't fit