The MT-07 Forum

New member from SoCal

kdubb223

Hi everybody, 

I currently have a 2009 yamaha FZ6R and been a member of that forum for a couple of years. Anyways, I am seriously thinking about selling my bike and getting a FZ-07... So I figured I'd become a member of this community and read all of the wonderful things people have to say about this bike :)

Also, I am hoping to meet with someone that lives in SoCal and would be willing to let me test ride their bike.

I look forward to reading up on everything.

Thanks!

Kyle

• Global Moderator

Welcome to the forum. We have a lot of members from SoCal. I am not sure if you will find anyone that will let you ride their bike (I know I would not let anyone ride mine....nothing personal) but I would be surprised if someone who is close by would not happy to show you their bike and answer questions.

I rode the FZ6R before I got my bike. It was a nice bike, but the -07 is a lot more fun. The torque available throughout the power band makes it a blast to ride. I think you will be very happy with it.

• Global Moderator

Hi, @kdubb223. You have made a wise decision, welcome to the dark side. ;)
Like @mjh937 says, lots of SoCal's here but I would probably go to a eager dealer for a test ride. I wouldn't have someone else ride mine. Insurance could be tricky too, at least where I live.
That being said, I bought mine right out of the box, without even sitting on one beforehand. Test rides are usually intoxicating for me and I find it difficult to judge and be objective. I like to ride and drive anything I can get my hands on. I even enjoy my lawn mower.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome kdubb223! If you stick around here long enough you will be assimilated.  :) It's a great bike!

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member
crazycracka501
Also, I am hoping to meet with someone that lives in SoCal and would be willing to let me test ride their bike. 
I look forward to reading up

Dealers have demo bikes that they will let you test ride if you have your license. 

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

Where in SoCal? I know of a couple of dealers that let you test ride!

I live in Irvine...I called del amo in Costa Mesa cus they have quite a few 07's but they said no on the test ride.

kdubb223... might be worth the drive... Thousand Oaks Powersports (Talk with Jordan... No pressure sales), or Simi Valley Cycles (Talk with Paul). Both offered me a test ride when I was looking. I ended up buying form TO Powersports...great price and easy sales!

Archived