The MT-07 Forum

My 2018 MT-07 w/ some TST Parts

kdubb223

Mods:

Womet-Tech Total Crash Protection Pack for Yamaha FZ-07 / MT-07 2015+

TST Elite-1 Fender Eliminator for Yamaha FZ-07 / MT-07 2015-2018

TST LED Rear Pod Turn Signal Bundle for Yamaha - ARO18 - Clear

TST MECH-GTR Front LED Turn Signals for Select FZ/MT Yamaha Models - Clear - Hyper White

TST 2 Pin LED Flasher Relay Gen 2

TST LED Low-Profile Universal Fit License Plate Light

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

IMG_0330.jpg

IMG_0332 (1).jpg

captainkool4

Why'd you get the crash protection stuff, do you stunt at all?  Do you think its important to get an engine guard?

Im trying my hand at wheelies but don't have any protection stuff on it yet.  I feel like its pretty expensive and might weigh a lot on the bike.  I know that's probably dumb.  I cant help but onder how much damage those protective pieces would prevent if I did loop the bike on a wheelie.

I like the new blinkers, the orange ones stick out so bad.  Do you feel like its noticeable to other drivers when you signal?

Liquidmetal

Bike mods look great.

Are there no bugs in Colorado?  Front of my FZ looks like the bug apocalypse right now.  First ride after washing it and it looks the same.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

5 hours ago, captainkool4 said:

Why'd you get the crash protection stuff, do you stunt at all?  Do you think its important to get an engine guard?

Im trying my hand at wheelies but don't have any protection stuff on it yet.  I feel like its pretty expensive and might weigh a lot on the bike.  I know that's probably dumb.  I cant help but onder how much damage those protective pieces would prevent if I did loop the bike on a wheelie.

I like the new blinkers, the orange ones stick out so bad.  Do you feel like its noticeable to other drivers when you signal?

The crash protection stuff is for the off chance I go down. Went down off my FZ6R years back and frame sliders saved most of my bike. The crash kit came with front fork sliders, frame sliders, bar ends, and rear axle sliders/spools. So not a full stunt cage kit by any means. 

And the blinkers are very bright. They don’t stick out as far but they are plenty bright enough during the day. 

1 hour ago, Liquidmetal said:

Bike mods look great.

Are there no bugs in Colorado?  Front of my FZ looks like the bug apocalypse right now.  First ride after washing it and it looks the same.

Thanks!

The bugs here are not too bad. Mostly I pick up small bugs on the front end. 

intensity_white

Thanks for sharing the pics!  I myself am living slider free, and I sometimes wonder if *I* am the fool, or if guys that spend a lot of sliders are...       (not that I'm calling anybody a fool!!!!!)

As they say, there are two kinds of riders, and I'm still in the first camp.  👆

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, captainkool4 said:

11 minutes ago, intensity_white said:

Thanks for sharing the pics!  I myself am living slider free, and I sometimes wonder if *I* am the fool, or if guys that spend a lot of sliders are...       (not that I'm calling anybody a fool!!!!!)

Consider  the "Crash protection stuff" /"slider kit" as cheap insurance. Nothing short of a full safety cage will prevent bike damage from a wreck at speed, though It will probably help minimize some of  the damage.  What it's best for is low speed parking lot type lay downs and tip overs which are probably more common than high speed lay downs.  It will probably protect much more expensive parts from getting damaged in those scenarios.   

@intensity_white best of luck to you staying the that first camp for as long as possible. ✌️

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member

Higdonion Cage and rear sub frame cage will offer quite a bit of protection of the bike...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

14 hours ago, intensity_white said:

Yeah, sliders are not that expensive and like I mentioned above I was very thankful for having them on my FZ6R went I went down... They basically saved my bike and I had minor cosmetic damage and needed some new cheap parts and was back riding a few weeks later (mainly cus I needed to wait for my swelling of my dislocated big toe to go down 😅)

I would never own a bike without some form of frame protection, but to each their own. Ride safe brotha!

On 7/10/2018 at 12:49 PM, kdubb223 said:

Mods:

Womet-Tech Total Crash Protection Pack for Yamaha FZ-07 / MT-07 2015+

TST Elite-1 Fender Eliminator for Yamaha FZ-07 / MT-07 2015-2018

TST LED Rear Pod Turn Signal Bundle for Yamaha - ARO18 - Clear

TST MECH-GTR Front LED Turn Signals for Select FZ/MT Yamaha Models - Clear - Hyper White

TST 2 Pin LED Flasher Relay Gen 2

TST LED Low-Profile Universal Fit License Plate Light

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

IMG_0330.jpg

IMG_0332 (1).jpg

I just ordered those same turn signals from TST and during installation I could not get those signals flush with the panel on my '18 MT07. Did you have an issue with the plastic ratchet piece not bottoming out? And is yours a tight fit when fully installed? 

Yeah the plastic ratchet is kind of a pain in the ass but I was able to get them down flush. Both signals are on there good and tight. Definitely was more difficult than expected. 

Archived