The MT-07 Forum

Pastrana attempting 3 of Evel Knievel's jumps tonight-History channel

Cruizin

I was a huge Evel fan back when I was a kid in the 70's.  And now as a grown up I'm a huge fan of Travis Pastrana. The guy invented so many of today's Moto stunts and like Evel, has broken so many of his bones it's crazy to think of how he keeps the courage to keep doing these stunts.  He also founded Nitro Circus, which is a blast to go watch. 

Anyone else watching this tonight? 

Attempting these Knievel jumps, but not on a modern light dirtbike but on a much heavier Indian? That's just crazy. 

Anyone else watchin this tonight? Come back to this thread when it starts, lets talk about this as it happens. 

EVEL Show art.jpg

Convenient that its on the history channel because if he doesnt make it....

That dude is crazy. Good on him though. I appreciate all the things he has to do and all the meticulous planning that goes  into each stunt.

This show could end up being very good for Indian Motorcycles/Polaris. 

Well, unless the rear shock explodes on landing, sending Pastrana into a death tumble. 

I jest, because we all know those won't be stock Indian shocks on that bike. Still, this should be very good for Indian. 

The show starts in 35 minutes. 

• Premium Member

who cares who makes money out of this, he's been an entertainer and a natural motorcycle stunt man since I first saw him on tv at x-games when he was what ?14 on a RM 125. Hell ya Im watching maybe @pattonme can give us some insight to the suspension needed, and what weight oil I should use if I attempt this on my FZ-07😁😂

• Global Moderator

I am watching too.  I am not sure what some of the celebrities have to do with motorcycle stunts, but I guess they need to fill the time with something.  So far it has been pretty good though. 

• Global Moderator

Two down, one to go.  That one did not look as easy as the first one. 

• Global Moderator

Not a pretty landing, but three for three. 

Travis's wife was chewing him out for something after he jumped in the fountian to cool off, they walked around the back of a building and you could tell that they didnt know about the sky cam and she was pissed at him about something and he just shrugged his shoulders.  

Saw the first and third jumps live and the replay of the second. So awesome. 

Ha!

I'm a little late noticing the thread and I missed the show, too, sh*t! how did it turn out? All good landings (aircraft land 🤔 ) I take it/hope??? I'll scan you tube for video.

Edit: Watched it but honestly, not as thrilling as when done the first time (Evel) but deserves the same credit for having done it/balls to do it. Awesome dude and good luck to Indian, I hope that stirred some interest in their bikes.

Beemer

20 hours ago, fzar said:

maybe @pattonme can give us some insight to the suspension needed, and what weight oil I should use if I attempt this on my FZ-07😁😂

My liability insurance doesn't cover such things. And anyway that kind of suspension is a practice all it's own.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Not one mention that 'Oh, by the way Evel jumped the fountain on a Triumph but kept mentioning XR-750 and poor Robby Knievel...not one mention of him emulating his dad and in fact successfully jumped the fountain 26 yrs. ago, sure it was on a dirt bike but still. I know that it was showmanship and to mention Robby would kind of steal Travis's thunder but even his brother Kelly didn't mention him....no wonder he drank. Taking nothing away from Travis, that guy is something else and I really liked seeing the Indian in action, especially wheelieing down the strip giving high 5's to pedestrians and cagers...he was having fun.

firstyammerha

I watched the first two jumps but what was it with a light post with a big concrete base right dead center in the run off area! No padding or protective measures on that base... made me cringe. Maybe that's why I switched channels-subconscious dread... 

Archived