The MT-07 Forum

Can someone with a stock exhaust and camera do me a solid?

Can you take a close up pic of where the header meets the engine and post the image?

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

Liquidmetal

Not sure what angle to take the pic at since you didn't specify, but here is one I just took:Header.jpg

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Ah!  Thanks, both of you.  You guys helped me out big time.

I reinstalled my stock exhaust after 3 years of using the Yoshi and I was afraid I didn't seat the headers in all the way (I was thinking I need to sink in the discolored parts all the way in).  But it looks about the same as both pics and I will ride my (back to quiet) FZ today.

20180707_233309b.jpg

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker
1 hour ago, SkH said:

Ah!  Thanks, both of you.  You guys helped me out big time.

I reinstalled my stock exhaust after 3 years of using the Yoshi and I was afraid I didn't seat the headers in all the way (I was thinking I need to sink in the discolored parts all the way in).  But it looks about the same as both pics and I will ride my (back to quiet) FZ today.

You're most welcome. 😀

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

my applause for going back to quiet!

Got new red 2015 FZ-07 on 7/22/16!
Black 2006 Honda ST1300 53K miles.

• Global Moderator
4 hours ago, peteinpa said:

my applause for going back to quiet!

I agree.  I do not understand noisy bikes, but it is probably because I am old. ;)

On my FZ-09 I installed an M-4 exhaust. It sounded awesome, roared like a pissed off lion, but I got three speeding tickets in one yer and all three cops said they heard me coming and had plenty of time to pull out the radar gun. 

One of em was even a block away and rode over a block, pulled over and then got his radar gun ready for me. He heard me from that far away, had that much time to get ready for me. 

Im sticking with stock exhaust from here on out. 

• Premium Member

I didn't buy an aftermarket exhaust to be loud. I just wanted something that sounds more like an internal combustion engine than a sewing machine. The Akra Ti gave me that without being crazy loud using the DB killer.

That said, to each their own as to whether they feel the need for a loud exhaust or not. ✌️

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

The M4 is getting a bit of a reputation for being silly loud.

I agree the Akra carbon is not overly loud with the dB killer in, either. My stock GS500F project bike with a Staintune is a little quieter than the Akra and they are noted for not being overly noisey.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Archived