The MT-07 Forum

POLAR BEAR RUN

lonerider

Just for fun, what is your colder run? The air temp given by the bike seems accurate (did just one test). Usually, when it's 5°C and over (41°F) i go to work on the FZ. Over the years, in very rare occasions, i did ride with temp around the freezing point. Encounter some very light snow a few times.

So put the date, location and temp. Please note if you have a screen or not on your bike or wear a heated vest.

I know we, riders of the north, have much more opportunities than southern rider. :P
But, hey, i would trade a warmer winter with some of you anytime. ;)

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

rode to work today in the dark I think it was 40 but the phone says 38 this morning and 58 for a high
no screen
live in mn, 30s next couple of mornings and then low 40s for rest of week
frick its getting cold
all the guys thought I was nuts but it wasn't bad just put the liner in the jacket
not to much longer here in mn to ride. snow is coming

I ride in the winter here. My winters usually consist of anywhere from high 50's to low 80's sometimes. In Arizona, we salt our margarita's instead of sidewalks and roads :P

• Premium Member

I rode to work this morning in Chicago's Northern suburbs and it was 44 when i started out. I took the long way to turn a 15 minute ride into a 35 minute ride. I bought a neck warmer a couple of weeks ago and that has made more difference than anything else I've bought so far when it's cool.

I bought a neck warmer a couple of weeks ago and that has made more difference than anything else I've bought so far when it's cool.
Since several years, i use a neck warmer in cold temp. When the temp is around the freezing point, i avoid riding on highways. I don't mind the wind blast, except when it's cold. At over 80 km/h (50 mph), the cold seems to get trough whatever i wear. It makes my ride definitly shorter. 

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

I'm putting new sparkplugs in my snomobile an typing up my winter maintenance schedule for my motorcycles. Almost time to tear the FZ-09 down and replace/repack the crappy little grease that the factory puts in the swingarm, steering needle bearings, among others.

My bikes will be tore down an up on the racks by Nov 15th. An just when I start getting depressed, I'll be snowmobiling!

until then I'll be wearing my Klim jacket, heated gloves and my one and longjohns under my pants when riding.

My bike is Naked, screens are for wusses..

3°C (37°F) this morning. Usually, when it's under 5°C, i don't take my bike to go to work. But i wanted to test my Pinlock visor. Great result. Even if i wore insulated gloves, some fingers were getting cold. I have to say that handguards and a fairing as an adventure bike would be welcome.

• 3 weeks later...

I saw 34 degrees this morning on the way to work, then 85 degrees on the way home. There's over 4000' in elevation difference between the two. It's a pain in the arse needing two different sets of gear.

You do or don't
Then your dead.

To order a tail tidy click
One-off-fabrication.myshopify.com

Archived