The MT-07 Forum

So, you think you have a fast bike? Think again!

faffi

I love the way the article keeps saying how much faster the 4 strokes are than the 2 strokes... and conviently mention the last two strokes were HALF the capacity and had more than 10 year old technolody...

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker
6 hours ago, gregjet said:

I love the way the article keeps saying how much faster the 4 strokes are than the 2 strokes... and conviently mention the last two strokes were HALF the capacity and had more than 10 year old technolody...

I noticed that too.  Imagine the speed and acceleration that a modern 1000cc triple two stroke could produce--if such a thing existed--now that would be scary. 😎

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

A 1000cc V 4 2stroke? Supercharged non-crankcase-pumped design. Fuel injection. Electronic exhaust valve timing. Feedback real time spark timing. Coated pistons and bores. Titanium expansion chambers.

20 minutes ago, gregjet said:

A 1000cc V 4 2stroke? Supercharged non-crankcase-pumped design. Fuel injection. Electronic exhaust valve timing. Feedback real time spark timing. Coated pistons and bores. Titanium expansion chambers.

It wouldn't need to be 1000 cc's to match the Moto GP bikes. Two Strokes make more power per CC than four strokes. A two stroke is also lighter than a four stroke, which adds even more speed to the equation. 

An 800 CC two stroke would be as powerful, maybe even more powerful than a four stroke Moto GP bike, and it it would weigh less. 

Fucking tree huggers.  We should have two stroke racebikes and and diesel cars. 

Actually the tree huggers wouldn't be that disappointed. A supercharged non crankcase pumped 2 stroke does not use oil in the chamber. The crankcase is run in oil like a 4 stroke , so no smoke haze.

What's more at race throttle openings, 2 strokes used LESS fuel than a 4 stroke ( not true at low and moderate speeds though).  With a proper modern realtime EFI the fuel use would be even less.

First few years 1000cc bikes to show how gutless the 4 strokes were to allow a direct comparison. Then reduce the capacity with a smug smile.

Archived