The MT-07 Forum

Buy a new battery? Not yet: you need a licence (UK)

robbo10

Only in the UK, so far (as far as I know). If I want to buy a new battery which has a separate sulphuric acid pack, I shall now need a licence to do so! This will cost £39, plus renewal fees. The battery only  costs about £22. Another upheaval in the business. It looks like retailers and dealers will have to do it for us - and charge us more for the privilege, of course. It's all about terrorism, apparently. 

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2018/july/motorcycle-battery-law-change/

Just do it! 

that's crazy! here in Canada we cannot give you the Acid, we must fill it for you.

What a load of crap!

You can buy raw HCl for your pool but not Sulphuric acid for a battery!!!!! Just as safe/unsafe and better for making gas weapons.

Nitric acid I can understand ( necessary for making nitrate based explosives).

Still the days of the lead acid are probably numbered anyway.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

22 hours ago, robbo10 said:

Only in the UK, so far (as far as I know). If I want to buy a new battery which has a separate sulphuric acid pack, I shall now need a licence to do so! This will cost £39, plus renewal fees. The battery only  costs about £22. Another upheaval in the business. It looks like retailers and dealers will have to do it for us - and charge us more for the privilege, of course. It's all about terrorism, apparently. 

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2018/july/motorcycle-battery-law-change/

The war machine always profits in war time and this "War on Terrorism" ensures them a Merry Christmas for ages to come. We can thank the big 'think tanks' for that one.

Beemer

Regulation upon regulation upon regulation ad infinitum (to infinity and beyond!).

Just do it! 

Archived