robbo10

Buy a new battery? Not yet: you need a licence (UK)

robbo10

Only in the UK, so far (as far as I know). If I want to buy a new battery which has a separate sulphuric acid pack, I shall now need a licence to do so! This will cost £39, plus renewal fees. The battery only  costs about £22. Another upheaval in the business. It looks like retailers and dealers will have to do it for us - and charge us more for the privilege, of course. It's all about terrorism, apparently. 

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2018/july/motorcycle-battery-law-change/

no-lag

that's crazy! here in Canada we cannot give you the Acid, we must fill it for you.

gregjet

What a load of crap!

You can buy raw HCl for your pool but not Sulphuric acid for a battery!!!!! Just as safe/unsafe and better for making gas weapons.

Nitric acid I can understand ( necessary for making nitrate based explosives).

Still the days of the lead acid are probably numbered anyway.

Edited by gregjet
addition

guylee

Thanks government!

Beemer
22 hours ago, robbo10 said:

Only in the UK, so far (as far as I know). If I want to buy a new battery which has a separate sulphuric acid pack, I shall now need a licence to do so! This will cost £39, plus renewal fees. The battery only  costs about £22. Another upheaval in the business. It looks like retailers and dealers will have to do it for us - and charge us more for the privilege, of course. It's all about terrorism, apparently. 

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2018/july/motorcycle-battery-law-change/

The war machine always profits in war time and this "War on Terrorism" ensures them a Merry Christmas for ages to come. We can thank the big 'think tanks' for that one.

robbo10

Regulation upon regulation upon regulation ad infinitum (to infinity and beyond!).