The MT-07 Forum

new owner ATL

rabbit07

http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b485/atlrabbit/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0115_zpslkcp0ivw.jpg

So I brought this little red thing home last nite. Oh the look on my wife's face...lol..you would think I brought home a hooker. Anyways I just asked her if she ever heard of yolo.

I really wasn't feeling the red color but they said I would have had to wait a couple of months on a graphite one. Also they kept "adjusting" the price until my resistance was broken.
Anyways I love the bike so far...I come from dirt bikes...and the first time I sat on the bike at the dealership it just felt so much better than anything else. I love the massive torque but it probably won't stay red for long. I'm glad I found this forum...it is giving me many ideas for upgrades and all.

• Global Moderator

Welcome @rabbit07, great to have you here! Congrats on your new bike. Red ones are the easiest to do a color swap. It is just the two tank panels and the piece on top. I even think that panels are cheap too if you want to keep the stock ones original.
There's a lot of talk about color swapping here.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome rabbit07! Congratulations! Red is the fastest color according to the Doppler effect and our poll. Vote here! 

Illegitimi non carborundum

nice... im in the atl area also live in conyers/covington work in the chamblee/doraville area
let me know if you want to meet up and ride ... also do vinyl wraps if you are interested let me welcome to the madness!

Hey Congrats on the bike! i'm from the Atlanta area too and am planning on getting one shortly. Which dealership did you get it from and how much did it cost you OTD ?

http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b485/atlrabbit/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0115_zpslkcp0ivw.jpg 
So I brought this little red thing home last nite. Oh the look on my wife's face...lol..you would think I brought home a hooker. Anyways I just asked her if she ever heard of yolo.

I really wasn't feeling the red color but they said I would have had to wait a couple of months on a graphite one. Also they kept "adjusting" the price until my resistance was broken.
Anyways I love the bike so far...I come from dirt bikes...and the first time I sat on the bike at the dealership it just felt so much better than anything else. I love the massive torque but it probably won't stay red for long. I'm glad I found this forum...it is giving me many ideas for upgrades and all.
Oh heck .. I'd trade a picture of your sweet red ride for a picture of the look on your wife's face .. lol.  That would have been precious.  congrats on your new ride.  :o

I got it from mountain motorsports in Conyers. I got otd right at 7000. I did not want the red but they finally "made me an offer I couldn't refuse" lol but now the red is really starting to grow on me. I'm having second thoughts on changing it now. I'm refining my order of future upgrades...so far it goes: fender elim, windscreen, sliders, pipe, leds...I'm still trying to figure where color change would fit in.

The wife got over it very quickly when I said "why don't you sit on the bike and let me take some pictures of you".....worked like a charm!

Archived