Sign in to follow this  
haggar

Rear shock upgrades

haggar

I was wondering if anyone has tried the 2018 mt-07 adjustable shock on older models and the results.

mjh937

I would get a decent aftermarket shock before I bought an OEM one (I did, I bought a Nitron R1).  I suspect you would end up being disappointed with it and have to buy another shock anyway. 

• Like 3

topazsparrow
32 minutes ago, mjh937 said:

I would get a decent aftermarket shock before I bought an OEM one (I did, I bought a Nitron R1).  I suspect you would end up being disappointed with it and have to buy another shock anyway. 

Bingo.

Unless you can get it DIRT cheap, no way the stock unit - though improved - is anywhere as good as a decently priced aftermarket unit.

• Like 1

norcal616

the only improvement was the selection of "words" used to fool ppl into thinking WOW!!! Yamaha did say they improved the suspension...errrrroooorrrrr, unless you yourself weigh under 140# suited up, enjoy the improved wording 😅

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW