The MT-07 Forum

So, what are you paying for gas now?

Cruizin

• Premium Member

Those prices sound like Cali prices @Cruizin.

Currently, 91 octane ethanol is $3.09/USgal. Regular is $2.65/USgal around here last time I checked... but then it can vary 20¢/gal just between breakfast and lunch time.

I remember when the price difference between regular to mid grade to "premium" grade was only  10-15¢/USgal. When did it become 20-30¢ ?

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Global Moderator

I am paying $4.19 for ethanol free 89 octane in NW WA.  Regular is $3.38. 

~$6.20/USgal for 95 RON octane (91 PON) in Croatia, EU. Fuel is up to 5% ethanol and there is no ethanol free fuel.
~1.41 € per liter

10.40 HRK per liter

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Beemer said:

I'm paying $3.19 for ethanol free. Check it out>>>> https://www.wawa.com/about/locations/store-locator

Enter 33573 Sun City Center in locator.

Jeez, I pay less for ethanol free than you do for regular. 

Sometimes I forget how fortunate we are here in the U.S. and especially locally when it comes to gas prices.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Global Moderator
8 minutes ago, cyow5 said:

Y'all do know the manual explicitly states that E10 is okay, right?

I know that, but I do not like having ethanol fuel that might be sitting in the tank for a while.  I do not mind the extra cost when I am only buying three gallons at a time.  

My car gets almost twenty percent better mileage on ethanol free gas, so you can basically knock 80¢ a gallon off the cost as I am probably going further on each tank if my bike has the same increase. 

9 minutes ago, mjh937 said:

I know that, but I do not like having ethanol fuel that might be sitting in the tank for a while.  I do not mind the extra cost when I am only buying three gallons at a time.  

My car gets almost twenty percent better mileage on ethanol free gas, so you can basically knock 80¢ a gallon off the cost as I am probably going further on each tank if my bike has the same increase. 

I'm right there with you on the "for three gallons, what does it matter?" Nothing wrong with that. Heck, I used premium during break-in just to avoid knock at all costs, and, out of habit, haven't downgraded yet. All my cars require premium anyways. That being said, I am not aware of any non-E gas in my area (read: I'd have to fill up near my house just to get to the non-E station), so that settled that one pretty quick for me, haha

There has to be some sort of local government political reason for this. This is the void of non-E stations as you get close to DC (my commute is in red):

image.thumb.png.83c71aa36200fe228c71cccb4156fa3c.png

1 hour ago, cyow5 said:

My pickup gets an extra 90 miles per tank with non ethanol. Try it for yourself. 

Ethanol sucks we had it shoved down our throats by the govt to subsidize the corn farmers. 

5 hours ago, cyow5 said:

Thanks and I'm aware but it's a personal choice. Whether I'm right or wrong, I just don't believe that detergents burn as well, as clean as gasoline. I don't care what their tests say, I think they're fouled and misleading just to get everyone on board the corn wagon. I think they want us all to be corn fed and brain dead so that we're easier to control.

Beemer

5 hours ago, DewMan said:

Sometimes I forget how fortunate we are here in the U.S. and especially locally when it comes to gas prices.

I wonder how much Yellowhammers are paying for gas since their cost of living is so low.

Beemer

11 hours ago, Cruizin said:

My pickup gets an extra 90 miles per tank with non ethanol. Try it for yourself. 

Ethanol sucks we had it shoved down our throats by the govt to subsidize the corn farmers. 

I agree on that. Ethanol does have cleaner burning benefits though but on the downside it also takes more ethanol to do what normal (non ethanol) gasoline does. I believe they also started adding it to simply sell more "product" as well. I had an old 98 chevy Z71 1500 during the days of (non ethanol gas) and was getting around 14-16 mpg city driving depending on my foot. After they started adding ethanol my city mileage went down to 8 MPG!!!! and I'm not even kidding.

With that being said gas prices here in KY have been hovering right around $2.80 to $2.90/gal for regular and right around $3.10 or so for 92.

I'd have to drive an hour round trip to find some unbranded station that sells non-E10. I'd be perfectly happy to consume that ethanol some other way, but going that far out of my way to not use it in the vehicles doesn't exactly seem cost effective or practical. 

Just paid a whopping $3.68 for 91 Octane here. in SW PA. And that was outside the city where it would cost even more. That was for the Aprilia,. I'll use 89 in the FZ. My Subaru Outback knocks badly in the summer heat on the recommended 87 E10!  It's just garbage and won't even put it in the 20 year old lawn muncher

Paid $3.21 for non-ethanol 87 today for the car. I typically put 93 in it since it gets a little more HP with it tuned for 93, but wanted to try the non-ethanol and see how my mileage would be affected. The non-ethanol 87 ended up being around the same as upt to 10% ethanol 93.

Will be putting non-ethanol 90 in the bike tomorrow to see the effect. One station in the middle of Atlanta is listed as having it and Ill be over that way so I figure why not.

I didn't pay much attention last time I filled but I think E free 91 just broke the $3 mark here in the Denver Metro. 

On 7/4/2018 at 1:39 AM, CarGuy7a said:

I agree on that. Ethanol does have cleaner burning benefits though but on the downside it also takes more ethanol to do what normal (non ethanol) gasoline does. I believe they also started adding it to simply sell more "product" as well. I had an old 98 chevy Z71 1500 during the days of (non ethanol gas) and was getting around 14-16 mpg city driving depending on my foot. After they started adding ethanol my city mileage went down to 8 MPG!!!! and I'm not even kidding.

With that being said gas prices here in KY have been hovering right around $2.80 to $2.90/gal for regular and right around $3.10 or so for 92.

The big thing is that ethanol has a huge cooling effect when sprayed. This doesn't do diddly for a low compression, low cylinder pressure engine like a truck (as you've both noticed), but it can provide a benefit for a heavily boosted motor like we are starting to see with downsizing. It's the same as when running too high of an octane rating - if the engine doesn't need it then it won't help. Ethanol has a lower energy content, so that's why you see the lower fuel economy when the engine doesn't need the charge-cooling help. 

Bigturbomax

Ill chime in as soon as i run out of gas, im trying to compete in the range/mpg thread lol.

$4.29 for 93 at Shell gas.  E-Free is normally around the same price as it is only available at a few stations.  Costco is normally ~15-20 cents cheaper than Shell.

Big Island, HI

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker

I'm paying a $1.38 per litre for non-ethanol 91 octane ($5.22 per US gallon) in the Saint John, NB, Canada area.

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

Archived