The MT-07 Forum

A new section or sub section!

no-lag

A designated “FZ-07 Builds” section  

11 members have voted

1. 1. FZ-07 Builds

This poll is closed to new votes

Doing a fully designated track build thread and noticed there’s no “builds” forums or sub-forums here..thoughts? I think it would be good on adding one.

im also curious to see what other builds are going around, not only track. 

Up until now people who wanted to start a build thread would do so in member galleries and just title it  "name's build thread" .

But this forum is for the members so lets keep an eye on this poll and Ill be glad to add it if others want this too! 😉

Yeah it’s not bad idea. Figure we should organize it a bit have builds in a designated area. And maybe photos/videos in another and a Tutorial section

I like fabricating custom parts for my bike, but if it doesn't fit in the main categories under "FZ-07 Garage" and it isn't a Tech Tip, where would I put them? Under this new section "FZ-07 Builds"? Even if it Is just a single part? I kind of don't want to put the parts I made in a single thread because it would be hard for someone to find just one special part like the "rear reservoir" bracket I made. They would have to read through all the "FZ-07" Builds" to find the one item they were looking for. Do you see what I'm trying to say? Under the "FZ-07 Builds", could you just list separate items you have added? 

One new example is I built a new stand similar to the ABBA Superbike Work stand, where should I post it?

DSC_0698.jpg

DSC_0701 2.jpg

2017 FZ-07 ABS.

2 hours ago, no-lag said:

Yeah it’s not bad idea. Figure we should organize it a bit have builds in a designated area. And maybe photos/videos in another and a Tutorial section

Tutorial section in addition to our huge tech tip section? 

7 hours ago, Randucci said:

I like fabricating custom parts for my bike, but if it doesn't fit in the main categories under "FZ-07 Garage" and it isn't a Tech Tip, where would I put them? Under this new section "FZ-07 Builds"? Even if it Is just a single part? I kind of don't want to put the parts I made in a single thread because it would be hard for someone to find just one special part like the "rear reservoir" bracket I made. They would have to read through all the "FZ-07" Builds" to find the one item they were looking for. Do you see what I'm trying to say? Under the "FZ-07 Builds", could you just list separate items you have added? 

One new example is I built a new stand similar to the ABBA Superbike Work stand, where should I post it?

DSC_0698.jpg

DSC_0701 2.jpg

@Randucciit wouldn't be a single thread it would be its own forum like "Tech tips" and you can make your own Threads, for each thing you make.

P.S. I'm a fab'er also that's a nice stand there!

@Cruizin

I like Tech Tips, but if someone is looking for Tuts they might not think to look at Tech Tips for the "not to smart ones" ;) 

like Randucci can post in the Tut section if he wants to make a Tut on how to Fab and make his custom aluminum center stand.

When i as a mechanic think of "Tech Tips" i just think of tips to give to people for doing a job faster or a easier way of doing something, not really a Tutorial.

I'd call that a tech tip!

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

58 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

Yeah, tutorials are tech tips/visa versa. We already have almost way too many sections on the forum, but I will probably add a build section. 

Get er done!

cant wait to start posting my build! :D 

Im considering doing some head work so I’ll also have a tut up on the valve clearances! And you bet your ass when I’m doing work on the baby I’ll def be posting tech tips! 

We are at 11-0 for sub forum on “builds” :D ! 

7 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Yeah, tutorials are tech tips/visa versa. We already have almost way too many sections on the forum, but I will probably add a build section. 

Personally, I see some redundant sections, or some that could be merged together if you want to reduce the number of options. Not going to dictate, just my inflation-reduced 2 cents.

Merge: ECU Reflash, Seat Upgrades, Exhausts, LED Lighting upgrades and Parts and Accessories Reviews into one common

Merge: Sales Info and Classifieds 

Split: Gear Reviews and Questions between the Parts and Accessories Reviews and Tech Tips

Also, does XSR, T7 and FJ need their own sections? Very little going on.  

Personally, though, I have no trouble with multiple options as it, at the cost of being slightly more difficult to find the one you're looking for, makes it simpler to keep similar information in groups, making it easier to search through old stuff. In other words, there are positives and negatives as with everything else in life ;) 

@no-lag @Randucci Ok, I created the MT-07 Builds section. https://fz07.org/forum/72/yamaha-mt-07-builds/

Please use it. and try to post links to parts that you use so that others can get the same great deals. Also, lots of pics please! 

• Cruizin locked this topic

Archived