The MT-07 Forum

Removing 02 sensor on stock exhaust?

captainkool4

• Premium Member
On 7/2/2018 at 10:07 PM, Cruizin said:

Hey, can someone help this guy? 

Yeah, I'd think all of us who has a @2wheeldynoworks flash should get some sort of answer or explaination of whats going on here. I sent photos of the snorkel out with the flat cap of the filter (top) on and sent it to @2wheeldynoworks and I was told that what I did is exactly what they recommended. I love what they did @2wheeldynoworks with the snorkel removed and never heard of the 02 sensor being removed to aid in the flash they provide. I'm sure theres a logical answer to this, 2WDW chime in on this!

2wheeldynoworks

You guys are correct that the O2 sensors data input is only used for light throttle positions, but it is used purely for emissions purposes. There is fuel mapping in place, even without the use of the O2 sensor. When we can, we leave them in, but with varying fuel qualities around the country, we often recommend removing them if someone experiences any throttle "jerkiness" after the flash. The transition from the "open" to "closed" loop function, with either poor fuel quality or an overactive O2 sensor, can cause this issue. 

As for the snorkel removal, we always remove the ENTIRE snorkel (not just cutting the top half of it off) and leave the air filter lid in place.

captainkool4
6 hours ago, 2wheeldynoworks said:

You guys are correct that the O2 sensors data input is only used for light throttle positions, but it is used purely for emissions purposes. There is fuel mapping in place, even without the use of the O2 sensor. When we can, we leave them in, but with varying fuel qualities around the country, we often recommend removing them if someone experiences any throttle "jerkiness" after the flash. The transition from the "open" to "closed" loop function, with either poor fuel quality or an overactive O2 sensor, can cause this issue. 

As for the snorkel removal, we always remove the ENTIRE snorkel (not just cutting the top half of it off) and leave the air filter lid in place.

Just like to say that since removing the sensor and snorkel the bike runs better than ever, very little jerkiness and only at slow speeds in low gear.

FZ07R WaNaB
7 hours ago, 2wheeldynoworks said:

but with varying fuel qualities around the country, we often recommend removing them if someone experiences any throttle "jerkiness" after the flash

I am running the 2WDW flash for a stock exhaust and the snorkel removed. As I said before, that my bike's power delivery is very smooth with no jerkiness and I have my O2 sensor in and connected.

I wonder if the fact that I've been running Shell 93 V-Power ever since I got the flash is making a noticable difference. I read somewhere on this forum that high octane is the way to go after the flash, and the Shell 93 V-Power seems to always get good reviews.

Thoughts anyone?

Archived