The MT-07 Forum

1992 CBR250RRRR

MT27

I raced one. Had a TYGA race fairing. Too short a cockpit for me.

Incredible motor. Rev to 20000rpm though 16000-20000 was really only useful for overrun. Reved so high you couldn't physically design a 4-2-1 exhaust system because the cyls were too far apart for the first join.

Handled brilliantly. Still dominate the prod 250 class here.

bike102propics (12).JPG

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Nice bike for when you have that certain itch. I would gain 'scourge points' in my neighborhood with that thing screaming!

Beemer

firstyammerha

With the change in import laws, I wonder how long it will be before we see more current model Japanese domestic market bikes brought into the country. Sounds like there will be no more gray market bikes or cars.

" fzr400rrsp. just sayin'"

At least the cockpit size was designed for normal sized humans rather than Hobbits...

But if you is going 400...VFR or RVF400...just saying...May be the greatest fun bike ever made...

Actually in my opinion THE greatest production 4 stroke engine ever made.

4 minutes ago, gregjet said:

I like the V4s in that they sound more relaxed, yet very good. Remember the difference between Dunlop's 850 V4 and the Gixxer around IoM? Completely different sounds, with the Honda sounding lazy yet being faster :) 

That v4 has incredible torque. I owned the low tuned VF400F and it felt like a 750 inline in punch.

LOOKIE WHAT I FOUND. MT07 vs RVF400...This is a fun video. REMEMBER the RVF is limited top speed to 180 in the top 2 gears. Deristricted they are 40kph faster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gQusn7CmMw

Annoying bloke to listen to, but he could easily go faster than the Yamaha - hard to know how much was the bike and how much the rider for me.

His speedo was tapping out to the max limited 180. Bike can't go faster until you go and snip one little black wire loop...

And here is why we ride motorcycles...20year old VFR following Ferrari and Lambo and they are pushing it.

Faffi, do you know what you sound like inside your helmet?

One of the guys I know in Jpn said there is a big hp kit for the rvf400.

Rear wheels at over 70. Parts are very expensive. 

Those little 250's were so kickazz. The only way this video

could be better is if he did it in front of a HD dealer.

"Rear wheels at over 70"

There was a guy in the US that was racing one in the states in a prod/mod class that had bored( a little) and stroked it to about 500. It was putting out 90HP

Cool I heard 84 but have no way to back it up so I did not want to put that big of a number out there.

The motors didn't last long at 90...

stickshift
On 7/1/2018 at 5:41 AM, gregjet said:

The motors didn't last long at 90...

He's aiming for 100hp. Crank and rods are the weak link, even high quality aftermarket items.

I've had a few honda V4 400s, significant power gains are not cheap nor easy.

You see the same net site stickshift? The thing I thought was funny was that the inlet ports were too BIG!!!! At least I did until I started working on my VTR250 which had the same problem ( very similar design , though with the cam chain system from hell).

Archived