The MT-07 Forum

future FZ07 rider in AZ

bimmr2002

Hello all, I'm a new rider and currently have an 82 Yamaha XJ550 and an 05 Honda CRF150 dirtbike. Picked up the XJ for $400 running with a clean title. Learned how to ride on it and have been loving it! Recently with it being an older bike with over 90k on the clock it has it's issues. I have several project cars and a Jeep that I am constantly throwing money at and I have decided that I want a newer bike that I can hop on and just ride. Love the XJ but I want to be able to ride when I want and it's becoming more of a project. So that brings me to the FZ 07, I love the look of it and the sound, and it seems to be a very nice bike from what I have researched. I know it's a big jump from a 30+ year old bike but I have ridden several bikes since learning how to ride back in February and I feel very comfortable riding. Anyway, I am looking forward, if all goes well to have an FZ 07 in my collection of vehicles and hope to gain some valuable info from everyone on here! Cheers! -Cody

oh of course heres some pictures....
558323_10201388020317658_156773084_n_zpsc49a1107.jpg
this was the day I purchased the bike, and the helmet is just for show!

crf150_zps2a81517b.jpg
And the 150, purchased about a month ago and rode it on the track for the first time and only crashed once, wasn't even on a jump...but I got back on and rode for another few laps

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome bimmr2002! We are all passionate about our 07s and there are plenty of new riders here! Feel free to jump right in.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Global Moderator

Hi @bimmr2002, welcome. Nice first post, with cool pictures too!
You are going to love the 07. It has the same analog DNA as the older Yamaha's if you now what I mean. But it is soooooo much better in every way. And at a great price too.

Hey Cody! Welcome onboard! Very nice XJ you have there!
Is your id indicative of one of your project cars? If so, hats off, that's an icon! Pics?

• Global Moderator

I was thinking the same. My first project car ever was an 02 too! I think I have picture somewhere, but I don't want to hijack cody's thread

• Global Moderator

Great pictures. Welcome to the forum. You will love the -07. It is a great bike, and from my experience and those of other members here it has been pretty much trouble free.

Wow, thank you for the warm welcome! Best one of any other forum I have joined. Anyway the username does give reference to the 2002, however it's (unfortunately) not one of my project cars. I chose the name way back around 2000 before I could drive and was crazy about those cars (still am). My project cars are a 1990 VW Corrado with a VR6 that I swapped into it and shortly after I got married and that car has been neglected since then. Now divorced, but my old daily driver, a 1990 BMW 735i has become a project since the transmission went out about 2 years ago so I've been piecing together a manual transmission swap for it. I'll spare the details but it's been a crazy few years for me and I wish I would have started riding a long time ago and if all goes well I am hoping to join the FZ 07 owners club! For now I will just gather knowledge and dream!

Archived