The MT-07 Forum

ABBA Superbike Work Stand

MT27

• 2 months later...

I've had one for a few years now. Bought it for my SFV650 Gladius because there wasn't a center stand available for that bike back in 2014. Carried it over to the FZ09 and used it until I bought the FZ07. I didn't have any problems with the SFV650 or FZ09 but I had a problem with mounting the FZ07 on the stand a couple of times resulting in a minor dent to a nearby car and a scratch to my FZ07 airbox. The pin which fits into the FZ07 swingarm pivot bolt is small diameter compared to the pin on the FZ09 and SFV650 and bends if the bike slips off the stand. After the second slip, that's when I went to a SW Motec center stand. The ABBA stand requires too much attention when heaving the bike off the ground. If you torque the bike a little during the rise, it may slip off the pins and fall sideways. 

That's brilliantly simple. 

It doesn't seem that slipping off the pins would be an issue with how the stands halves clamp together + the preload bolt. Maybe it's a solid idea but the legs are just a little flimsy? 

I wanna build one now...

right, the stand is wobbly despite having lock bolts to hold the two vertical posts with their swingarm engaging pins to the ground level cross bike horizontal bar. The two pins projecting from the hubs that mount on the vertical posts are not only small in diameter but short in length. So you must be careful when pulling the bike off the ground, holding onto the handlebar, not to exert any sideways pull on the bikes hand grip. That will cause the bike to slide off one of the  swingarm pin and fall to the side off the stand. I have a picture of a bent pin somewhere in the computer but I can't find it. Abba replaced the hub/ pin at no charge with me paying the shipping from England. Abba didn't have a U.S. distribution point at the time(2017)  and the charge was less than $10.00 and took two weeks for receipt. The Abba stand needs care in operation just like the other stands I've used.It's expensive but allows you to get both wheels off the ground. 

• Premium Member

Sounds untrustworthy. I think I'll continue to use my Venom stands. They've not failed me yet.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

If you remove the tank sticker the bike will be balanced and stay on the stand ………………………………………………………………………….😏

Beemer

Archived