The MT-07 Forum

MWR Filter and Filter Cover

JRFlurry

Just in case anyone was wondering what the differences are between the stock filter cover and the MWR filter cover...here ya go. Originally had the stock cover w/ the snorkel removed and a K&N filter. Was gonna go DNA with the stage two cover until I started really doing digging and research. Ended up going the MWR filter and cover route as it seemed to have more flow then the DNA, was a bit cheaper, and wasn’t coming from Greece. Also found some dyno charts that showed better gains (taken with a grain of salt) with the MWR. Anyway...swapped them out and I definitely feel a pretty decent change in pull above about 5-5.5k RPM. Not much of a “butt dyno” difference under 5k. Also both intake noise and exhaust got quite a bit louder. My bike does have a 2WDW tune for the Two Bros S1R exhaust and the K&N w/no snorkel and I’m hoping that it’s not running to much more lean now. Anyhow...here’s a pic of the two side by side.

15465592-4359-47DA-86B8-7E77AFF3AE99.jpeg

Aweful oriface design and extra noise will be coming from that ( square corners are a nono). But it will flow better simply because it is SO much bigger and has a radiused top edge.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Archived