The MT-07 Forum

ECU reflash made my bike less fun?- FIXED UPDATED

captainkool4

• Global Moderator

In another thread 2WDW said for a stock exhaust to leave the O2 sensor attached unless you are getting hesitation or jerkiness at low throttle.  The ECU does not look at the O2 reading when the throttle is  more open.  They also say the flash is done with the snorkel removed but the lid in place.  

captainkool4
8 minutes ago, mjh937 said:

In another thread 2WDW said for a stock exhaust to leave the O2 sensor attached unless you are getting hesitation or jerkiness at low throttle.  The ECU does not look at the O2 reading when the throttle is  more open.  They also say the flash is done with the snorkel removed but the lid in place.  

Yeah I saw that too.  I was getting unacceptable jerkiness at low, and what I would call medium throttle--Between 20-35mph.  At faster speed the jerkiness wasn't as apparent.  But since I drive in the city a lot that jerkiness lower down and in the middle drove me batty.  I wonder if I'm just extra sensitive to the jerkiness or if my bike has some issue that you guys didn't have.  Weird that no one seems to have had the same experience as me.

• Global Moderator
14 minutes ago, captainkool4 said:

Yeah I saw that too.  I was getting unacceptable jerkiness at low, and what I would call medium throttle--Between 20-35mph.  At faster speed the jerkiness wasn't as apparent.  But since I drive in the city a lot that jerkiness lower down and in the middle drove me batty.  I wonder if I'm just extra sensitive to the jerkiness or if my bike has some issue that you guys didn't have.  Weird that no one seems to have had the same experience as me.

I would try disconnecting the O2 sensor and see if it makes any difference.  Please keep us posted if you do. 

There's gonna be some bike to bike variation between sensors and throttle bodies and whatever. Could try well be the O2 sensor in one bike is causing the motor to run leaner than another resulting in a snatchy throttle while in closed loop.

My bike is completely stock. In 4th gear going downhill at 25mph with the throttle closed, i can give myself whiplash If i'm not careful with the throttle. The bike will lunge forward snapping my head back. Of course, my brain says slam the throttle shut resulting in my head going forward. 

I try avoiding this, but with flipping back and forth between a bike that does this and one that does not - well, it's kinda laughable, but no fun sometimes

im going to say try a TB sync before disconnecting the O2 sensor.

mine is smoooth, no jerkiness.

Got new red 2015 FZ-07 on 7/22/16!
Black 2006 Honda ST1300 53K miles.

Syncing the TBs will only have an effect when the throttles are closed or nearly so. Once the throttle plates are open, very little percent of the air consumed is controlled by that circuit and the IAC. 

hat said, it's easy enough to check and can't hurt to do. 

Archived