The MT-07 Forum

Versys 1000

VAslim16

Question for forum. Is the 7 highway capable? I'm debating possibly getting a Versys 1000 for highway riding if the FZ lags there. Would appreciate any opinions. 

That depends on you, basically. The bike has plenty of power for highway riding, but doesn't (stock) have wind protection, luggage or a long-distance seat (for most rumps). Two-up there are also better bikes than the MT07. But the bike will easily sit at 100 mph day in and day out, and the stability is good. If you are short in the inseam department, you will have a hard time balancing the Versys, though; I'm 32 inches between the ground and family jewels and I could only tip-toe the Kawasaki 1000.

FZ07R WaNaB
31 minutes ago, VAslim16 said:

Is the 7 highway capable? I'm debating possibly getting a Versys 1000 for highway riding if the FZ lags there. Would appreciate any opinions.  

Well, I think the following link will answer your question about highway worthiness of the FZ-07. It is a motorcyclistonline blog on one of fz07.org's members Tiffani (zombiphone), and her 60,000 mile plus adventure on her FZ-07. She hit 49 states, and made it all the way to Panama too. This was all in about one year. Enjoy the reading...

https://www.motorcyclistonline.com/authors/tiffani-burkett?page=6

Not exactly sure what you mean by capable but I'll say this, it can do highway speeds and then some easily. I often cruise at 85 w/o it straining. It handles at highway speeds, it has good roll on passing speed on highways and it makes you look good on the highway. 😉

Edit: about the Versys 1000, I've always heard it was comfortable but sluggish. The same with the 650. Again, 'heard'.

Beemer

2 very different bikes really. If all you're doing is highway riding then i think the good parts of the mt07 will be kind if wasted or at least you wont be able to properly appreciate them. Its more than capable of it but if you do city riding or twisties i think you'll have waaaaaaaay more fun on the 07. Ive ridden a versys 1000 and its a great bike in its own right but i found it a bit boring and could easily imagine my old man riding it haha. Having said that most of my riding nowadays seems to be highway so thinking about adding something like a v-strom 650 to the family for the daily stuff and leaving the 07 for weekend fun 

Archived