The MT-07 Forum

Anyone in West Michigan? I want to hear your bike

captainkool4

captainkool4

Hey I am thinking of getting an aftermarket exhaust but I really don't want one that's way too loud.  I heard someone drive by on an FZ-07 the other day and their exhaust sounded great, powerful but subdued.  I live in Grand Rapids, Michigan and I'd really appreciate it if I could come by and hear your exhaust, if you live nearby too!

Not sure what I can offer but Ill buy ya breakfast or lunch haha.

• Premium Member
Littlebriar

I'm a little too far away for you here in Harbor Beach but I just installed an Akra Ti today. I love it. Nice growl but not too loud.

Steve, 2017 Yamaha FZ-07, 2016 BMW 1200RT, 2019 Ducati Monster 1200s - Harbor Beach, Michigan

• 2 weeks later...

I’m a bit far as well in Rochester Hills. I’ve got the Two Bros S1R. I run with no silencer so it’s loud as all get-up but it’s a deep roar. I love it.

Sorry, I know you want to hear it. I'm slightly further away as well but my Akra carbon fiber matches your description, 'subdued but powerful'. I've personally listened to DewMan's exhaust (Akra Ti) and his is very similar to mine (when mine was new that is, mine needs a re pack now) but I would say the Ti is just a hair quieter with the silencer on. Maybe with a better sounding (not louder) growl when you crack the throttle. They both sound good, IMO. Simply put, either pipe is barely louder than the original and it's only when you throttle up that they really get attention. They aren't obnoxiously loud either but just right. At cruising speed they don't drone or blast your eardrums, they're very pleasant to listen to. I left the silencer, ummm, the suppressor, errrr, the db killer in mine. 😉

Beemer

Archived