The MT-07 Forum

New White FZ in So Cal... Moorpark, Simi Valley Area!

puckslpr

Hello all... Just picked up my bike last Friday! White FZ-07! Super excited. Already put about a 100 miles on her! Everyone said it's a sweet ride... and boy is she ever!  Thanks to Jordan at Thousand Oaks Powersports... He worked with the price and got me out the door with no issues!  Looking to ride with new friends!   

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome puckslpr! Glad you joined our little group. Are you planning any mods?

Illegitimi non carborundum

already started... Yoshi Fender Eliminator... Flyscreen... Spools! Bought the Frame sliders, but was worried about unbolting the engine/frame screws. Didn't want the engine to twist or something like that!!! Do you have any advice?

http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah227/puckslpr/8CF87B02-4D71-4D80-B99F-D8B3E3C07861_zpskdxc4ize.jpg

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
already started... Yoshi Fender Eliminator... Flyscreen... Spools! Bought the Frame sliders, but was worried about unbolting the engine/frame screws. Didn't want the engine to twist or something like that!!! Do you have any advice? 
http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah227/puckslpr/8CF87B02-4D71-4D80-B99F-D8B3E3C07861_zpskdxc4ize.jpg
Sweet! You work fast! I put on OES sliders and did them one at a time and torqued to the recommended pressure.

Illegitimi non carborundum

If you mean the front engine bolt for the slider, no big deal at all.  Do ONE at a time, they don't shift.  I did mine (as did many others) while on the side stand.  Many of us have the OES ones.

• Global Moderator

Hi @puckslpr, good to see you posting. Don't worry about mounting those spools. Just unbolt one and put the spool and and then proceed with the other one. The engine is not going to shift when you only unbolt one bolt at a time.

Good looking bike! HBC conveniently forgot to mention, but don't forget to vote  ;)

• Global Moderator

Welcome to the forum.

I was concerned about the sliders too, but it was a piece of cake. I would recommend a torque wrench if you do not have one as you will want to make sure that it is torqued down correctly since it is an engine mount. Do not forget to put some oil or blue loc-tite on the threads as the torque value is a wet torque.

Thanks for posting photos and keep them coming as you do more mods.

Archived