The MT-07 Forum

Cheap chain adjuster with spool adapters

Snake

I was wondering if anyone had bought these and if they're worth it, I've seen nicer ones but they go for well over 100$, I know you get what you pay for but hey if it gets the job done, why not?!

• Premium Member

What locks the adjuster in place. Stock has a double nut on the end.  Interesting look

I have them.  They get the job done but they move the spools pretty far down and it jacks my rear tire up about 4-5 inches off the ground.  That much leverage doesn't make it easy to lift.  I also don't use those little finger adjusters, just the stock jam nuts.  I could modify my spool stand and make it shorter but I just end up using my other stand with the rubber pads under the swingarm.

1 minute ago, Hellbound said:

What locks the adjuster in place. Stock has a double nut on the end.  Interesting look

I'm sure an additional nut can be put at the back, my main reason for wanting these is having a spot to put some spools and still being able to take the rear wheel off.  If I have a bit of modifying to do I'm okay with that

I have them.  I used one of the stock nuts as a jam nut along with the wing nut.  They work fine with my spool stand.  The only issue I have is that the black finish has faded to a strange dark brown/copper color, which I suppose is to be expected for such a low price... 

As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

• 2 months later...
On 6/13/2018 at 9:25 PM, djfz07 said:

I have them.  They get the job done but they move the spools pretty far down and it jacks my rear tire up about 4-5 inches off the ground.  That much leverage doesn't make it easy to lift.  I also don't use those little finger adjusters, just the stock jam nuts.  I could modify my spool stand and make it shorter but I just end up using my other stand with the rubber pads under the swingarm.

Buy a rear lift that's height adjustable,  aka Pit Bull. 

I like these. They even have an install video on their site. 

http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=292430680735&category=35560&pm=1&ds=0&t=1534861403000&ver=0

A set of those and a Harbor Freight aluminum rear lift is tons cheaper than buying a center stand, as well as keeping unsprung weight down, and no worries about the center stand hitting your aftermarket exhaust.

Archived