The MT-07 Forum

Fz07 Rake angle?

The good show

The good show

Hey guys,

Brand new to the forum so hoping I'm posting this in the right place.

I'm currently doing a complete FZ07 rebuild and I plan to replace the headlight with a 7inch round Koso. I'm designing custom brackets but need to know the rake angle so I can mock them up in Fusion 360.  Does anyone know the frame stats including the rake angle? It would be a massive help. 

Thanks!

2 hours ago, faffi said:

Problem is that they also look dirt (cheap).

I like the JvB kit, but it is costly http://www.kedopartsaustralia.com/headlight-h4-and-cover-jvb-moto-unpainted-with-mounting-material-fz-07-mt-07/

xsr-3-web.jpg

If they offer less room than our stock headlight to tuck wire behind I wouldn't want them for that reason alone. Trying to stuff the wires behind the stock light and line up the bolt holes can be a real PITA. 

Beemer

The good show

Thanks for all the replies! 

@DewMan that's exactly what I needed 👊

@sunblock They come out too far for the position I'm after. I want to keep the light pretty close to the forks

@faffi That's actually part of the inspiration for my build and I seriously considered getting one but like you say, it's pretty steep. In the end i was just won over by the Koso 7" - the look and output sealed the deal for me.

@Beemer I haven't quite worked out how to keep everything nice and tidy behind the light. I may run have to trim things down and run everything through some snakeskin sheath to make it look that little nicer ... 🤔

For those of you that are interested, I'm documenting the progress of the build on my Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/the.good.show/ 

Would love thoughts and ideas as things move along.

Thanks again, guys!

Just remember if you raise or lower, the front or rear, the static rake angle will change

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

The good show
9 hours ago, gregjet said:

Just remember if you raise or lower, the front or rear, the static rake angle will change

Thanks for the heads up 👍 I'm keeping all the geometry the same for now and just using the rake to work out the angle to make the headlight perpendicular to the ground.

Archived