The MT-07 Forum

Shorai Battery Terminals Not Lining up with Cables?!?

Mr_Smifff

I just got a Shorai Battery (LFX19A4-BS12) for my 2015 FZ and the cable ends are not lining up with the terminals on the battery. That was the recommended battery from Shorai so I went with it. 

Any words of advice to install? Ive tried all the angles and the only thing I can think of is to bend the ends of the battery cables to make it fit (which I do not want to do). The threaded holes are not lined up with the holes at the end of the battery cables because of the bent angles on the ends of the cables.

• Premium Member

I adjusted the bend the cable ends just enough to so that they'd lay flat against the terminals. No issues.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, DewMan said:

I adjusted the bend the cable ends just enough to so that they'd lay flat against the terminals. No issues.

Throw us a bone!! (picture)

• Premium Member

I flatten out the bit of tab that used to hang off the side of the terminal so the hole could line up with the new posts.Battery1_small.thumb.jpg.c72a996286d520ffb24e5822e38cc244.jpg

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

On a side note , I finally found a battery charger that does a proper job of the Shorais ( the Shorai one is rubbish).  It saved a couple of mine that I thought were dead and showed me one that was. They seemed to have come down in price as well.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Optimate-lithium-LiFePO4-battery-charger-maintainer-12V-0-8A/112925157176?epid=5007576486&hash=item1a4add2738:g:qckAAOSwXoxaZo-n

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

On 6/13/2018 at 6:42 PM, DewMan said:

I flatten out the bit of tab that used to hang off the side of the terminal so the hole could line up with the new posts.Battery1_small.thumb.jpg.c72a996286d520ffb24e5822e38cc244.jpg

I ended up taking a heat gun to the cable ends and flattened them out. It wasn't my first choice but it works. As long as I don't have to push start my bike anymore I'm happy.

Archived