The MT-07 Forum

DIE BUGS DIE :) :)

thestache

Impromptu ride today, starte by just filling up, next thing I know i am bout 75mi away from home, in Kentucky. The FZ07 handles open roads like a dream, it was a little windy so I got blown around some. BUT THE BEST PART WAS...I kept thinking, man, what's up with these bugs. At one point on the freeway I scooted back further on the seat and was leaning down, when I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and busted out laughing...no freakin wonder I was having trouble seeing. As i got home I expected to see a ton of bugs all over the bike, but to my surprise, I had more bugs on my helmet than on the bike. I am thinking they tried to take me out like a Japanese Kamikaze :) :)
Attackofthebugs1.jpg

Same here in the UK fly's all over you when you go out on a bike,
strangely I got hit in the visor lucky it was down by a bat the other day
maybe it was after the fly's, always clean them off the fork stanchions
though as their hard and acidic body's can damage chrome and seals.

Same here in the UK fly's all over you when you go out on a bike, strangely I got hit in the visor lucky it was down by a bat the other day
maybe it was after the fly's, always clean them off the fork stanchions
though as their hard and acidic body's can damage chrome and seals.
Thanks for the advice, I use Maguire's Cleaning Mist and clean the bike after each ride as needed. This bike cleans up real easy

• Global Moderator

It's amazing how many bugs I 'catch' when I ride. I depends on the season, but my helmet usually looks way worse and has to be cleaned before I go out. A wet and a dry rag usually is enough.
I can't imagine riding without a visor. I sometimes get hit by huge insects that leave a yellow/red stain that blocks my vision. If I am fast enough I am able to wipe it away with my gloves but I sometimes have to stop and clean before carrying on.

Archived