The MT-07 Forum

2018 mt 07 fender elimination kit?

captainkool4

captainkool4

Does anyone know where I can find a mechanics manual or something like it to aid in putting my yoshi fender kit on a new 2018 mt07?  

The kit I got has instructions for an fz and the bikes are different enough that I can't figure it out with the older instructions.  

I'm a nooby but I can't figure out how to install this kit without instructions or a video, but everything is for the fZ07 which has different fasteners and body work.

Please help!

captainkool4
1 hour ago, Cruizin said:

DO you have these instructions? https://imgur.com/a/R3khLRh

yoshimura_fender_eliminator_kit_yamaha_fz072015.jpg

2yoshimura_fender_eliminator_kit_yamaha_fz072015.jpg

3yoshimura_fender_eliminator_kit_yamaha_fz072015.jpg

Yep these are the ones.  I run into problems removing the rear side panels on the mt.  It's not obvious to me which portions to remove, or how to actually remove them.  The owners manual doesn't go into that level of detail unfortunately.  All the videos of people doing it are from fz models and it's different on the mt.  Maybe I'll just have to mess around carefully 

• Global Moderator

I am not sure if the 2018 still uses these fasteners, but they confused me for a while when I did my fender eliminator. 

16A899D5-D709-457D-9DDF-0D0A6691C314.png

• 4 weeks later...

I installed the Yoshi on my 2018 using those instructions. There some minor differences in the panels, but they are obvious and all the wiring instructions and mounting instructions are correct. I'm really slow but still took under 90 minutes, and I'd never installed a tail tidy on any bike before. Just jump in and do it. No worries.

Did the same as Alan. Just followed the instructions. Make sure you find screws under the little rubber “flaps” on the rear side panels under the seat! It’s a pretty straightforward process for the 18 MT. Just take your time!

On 6/11/2018 at 11:13 PM, captainkool4 said:

Does anyone know where I can find a mechanics manual or something like it to aid in putting my yoshi fender kit on a new 2018 mt07?  

The kit I got has instructions for an fz and the bikes are different enough that I can't figure it out with the older instructions.  

I'm a nooby but I can't figure out how to install this kit without instructions or a video, but everything is for the fZ07 which has different fasteners and body work.

Please help!

Did ya see the above advice? Everything worked out? 

captainkool4

Yeah I just took the side plastics off, wasn't too bad a little trial and error.  From there the new kit fit in perfect.

captainkool4
On 6/12/2018 at 11:13 AM, mjh937 said:

I am not sure if the 2018 still uses these fasteners, but they confused me for a while when I did my fender eliminator. 

16A899D5-D709-457D-9DDF-0D0A6691C314.png

I had three of these laying around after doing the Yoshi kit because they popped into a piece of plastic on the old fender and now there's no point for them to connect to, just an empty hole.  Hopefully that's normal..

• Global Moderator

I did not have any left over, but I installed the Rizoma kit

Just installed the Yoshi kit on my 2018. I took my time and it was very easy to do. I have three unused push pins under the tail. I could install the two outer ones but they would be loose. The center one has essentially nothing to push into. See pic of missing pins. 

Edit - The center one pops back in fine and is snug. The outer ones do not. 

IMG_1019.JPG

IMG_1017.jpg

Instagram: @jayparrington 

captainkool4
On 7/7/2018 at 7:02 PM, JayMT07 said:

Just installed the Yoshi kit on my 2018. I took my time and it was very easy to do. I have three unused push pins under the tail. I could install the two outer ones but they would be loose. The center one has essentially nothing to push into. See pic of missing pins. 

Edit - The center one pops back in fine and is snug. The outer ones do not. 

IMG_1019.JPG

IMG_1017.jpg

The center pin for my didn't seem to push into anything for me, did yours get a firm connection right away?  I also have three push-pins leftover.

@captainkool4 Mine is firmly in place. I have no idea what it's holding onto, though. Rode over 200km with it and it's still there. I really don't think it's needed though. 

I put some black vinyl over the two side holes to keep water/dirt out, just in case.  

Instagram: @jayparrington 

• 2 months later...

Archived