The MT-07 Forum

Just joined the club

Component

Hi everyone.

I’ve been a fan of the FZ-07 since I started riding a bit over a year back and finally picked one up.

Had an R3 and it felt like time to upgrade.  Just a couple of days in and I’m loving it!!!

0ZE9cye.jpg

• Global Moderator

Welcome and congratulations on the new motorcycle.  It looks like you have a few nice upgrades on your bike already. 

I had been building a list of mods I wanted to do and lucked into finding a bike that was done up the way I wanted.  Previous owner took great care of it too!

Only downside is I don’t get to do the mods myself, but there are still some things I want to add.   

• Premium Member

There are a ton of great mods for this bike... Ask my poor little wallet. 🙃

Congrats, though. Awesome bike! 

Welcome and congrats on your new bike! Where you from? I don't see you on the member map is why I ask.

Beemer

• Premium Member

Congrats and welcome!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Thanks everyone.  I’m out of Los Angeles.  Day after I got her I took a ride through Topanga and Mulholland.

12 hours ago, Component said:

Thanks everyone.  I’m out of Los Angeles.  Day after I got her I took a ride through Topanga and Mulholland.

So, what do you think of the bike? Your impressions.

Beemer

So, what do you think of the bike? Your impressions.

Well, compared to the R3, it's a huge jump in power.  I used to have to plan ahead to stay in the power band, now the gear or rpm doesn't seem to matter, it just goes when I hit the throttle.  The 2w2d flash was already done so I'm sure that gave a solid additional boost.  

The ride height is higher than I'm used to, but since I split a lot, I kind of like it.  Might still look into dropping the bars down an inch or two in the future, I miss the slight forward lean on the R3

Compared to the stock FZ-07 I rode for a couple of miles a while back, this bike feels much more alive.  Exhaust note growls, it's responsive, and throws me back when I get on the throttle.  Couldn't be happier!

They don't growl like that stock. That bike has had Slovinian singing lessons.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Archived