The MT-07 Forum

Harley Davidson # 1 uh huh!

Beemer

Rider not the bike. From the body positioning and the smooth transitions I am guessing that bloke would be no beginner. If Marquez or Rossi passed you on a Harley, would you turn your keys over?

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

23 minutes ago, gregjet said:

If Marquez or Rossi passed you on a Harley, would you turn your keys over?

Maybe. But first I'd jump on the back and be the proper 'bitch' that I am. And slap the asses of the sportbike riders we pass with a horse whip.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Did he already grind the footboards, saddlebags and exhaust off earlier?  I didn't see them dragging/disintegrating/sparking... 

3 hours ago, gregjet said:

Rider not the bike. From the body positioning and the smooth transitions I am guessing that bloke would be no beginner. If Marquez or Rossi passed you on a Harley, would you turn your keys over?

If Rossi or Marquez showed up to my track (Utah) I'd flip out. And if they came out of the pits on a freaking Harley, Id probably laugh myself into a conniption fit. 

I know it was the rider. See my first statement that you quoted? "That guy was riding the hell out of that Harley". And, he got the typical end result of riding the hell out of a Harley. 

I forwarded that clip to my buddy, who used to work at Harley, and now makes a good living fixing and customizing Harleys in his own shop.  PSST, he doesn't own a Harley personally, rides a Ducati. 

Ben Spies used to ride a Harley on a track ( OK a dirt track, but it was a Harley for a while...)

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

I got the distinct impression the video was intentionally made by an experienced rider on "Noob Day" to unfairly, refurbish Harley's old, outdated rep. as being #1. Other than that, when I made this thread I only had the oil leak in mind because all I've ever heard growing up was Harley is #1. When I saw it blow oil I thought to myself, "Yeah, Harley #1 alright!" I laughed because it leaked like I've also heard rumored about Harley's throughout the years and that's all. 😉

Beemer

Hmm, curious about that last pict - the guy on the track was not wearing an open face helmet - that part appears to be staged (?)

Yer average Harley guy here in the city is all about going fast and loud where it's inapropriate and obnoxious - and virtually always in a straight line. The bikes are loud enough, the music is over the top too much.

But every now and then out in the boonies where the roads are tight, hilly, and in pretty bad shape , i'll come across a guy riding 2-up on a relatively old FL Harley going plenty darn fast enough, sometimes scraping hard parts - that haven't already been worn to the nubs.

Gotta have respect for someone who can ride the hell out of a big ol tank like that. 

Archived