phanomenal07

Upside down dash

phanomenal07

So I’m at my local Yamaha dealer for some service and I notice that they installed all the dash on the 2018 model upside down. Should I be worried?D74DBE9B-363E-43A9-AFA6-FAB2873419A7.thumb.jpeg.30979a0bd53e9c326948c3b692a0bdb9.jpeg

norcal616

future owner is a stunt rider who does head stands...its normal... 

• Haha 1

tavisb

WTF...I'd run away from that place.

• Like 2

mjh937

Wow, the more I hear about dealerships the happier I am that I do my own maintenance.  If they are that clueless who knows what else they get wrong. 

peteinpa

🤤🤤🤤WOW!!!

Beemer

👍 Nothing but the best!

🙄

gregjet

Geez, that takes talent...

peteinpa
Posted (edited)

Did you point it out to any non-essential employees there? 

OK, I want to know the name and location of this dealer.

Edited by peteinpa

phanomenal07

I did point it out. Fun center powersport in Bristol pa

phanomenal07

I also want to point out that I’ve been here since 1045 and it is now 4:55. I am not happy. I came in for new tires and the 8000 mile service with no issues on my bike. And they said I was good to go about an hr and a half ago but as soon as I sat on the bike and turned the handle I here creeking coming from the steering stem handle bar area. I told them about it and no one has said anything to me since.

br4nd0n

I would stop going there and find another dealership if you can. Also, if you have any issues, I would contact Yamaha and complain about the dealership and let them know that they cannot even get the dashes installed properly, providing the above picture as proof.

• Like 1

phanomenal07

If they can’t figure out this steering issue I will definitely be contacting Yamaha. I don’t understand how my bike is worst now then when I brought it in.

mjh937

Have you considered doing the service yourself?  I have some mechanical skill and basic tools and have done my own maintenance.  It is fun and fairly easy, especially if you watch a YouTube video or two if you are not sure of something.  If you are not comfortable with that then find a good local shop and stay away from the dealership, especially that one. 

• Like 1

phanomenal07

Turns out they tighten the steering stem to much or something. Only took them 2 hrs to figure it out. After I started riding home I notice the never tighten my steering damper mount. The thing was basically turning with my handle bar. Inspected my bike when I got home. Half the bolts on the fairing were barely tight enough to stay on. And also they lost the push gromet that holds the fairing together under the seat. 

DewMan
2 hours ago, phanomenal07 said:

Turns out they tighten the steering stem to much or something. Only took them 2 hrs to figure it out. After I started riding home I notice the never tighten my steering damper mount. The thing was basically turning with my handle bar. Inspected my bike when I got home. Half the bolts on the fairing were barely tight enough to stay on. And also they lost the push gromet that holds the fairing together under the seat. 

Run away from them and don't look back.

Don't even think about going back. Any shop that inept could get you killed someday.

I'd definitely bring this to the attention of  Yamaha corporate though if for no other reason than to maybe eventually help another rider from becoming a victim

• Like 2