Sign in to follow this  
Beemer

New 10K Lumen Bulb

Beemer

Received my Cyclops 10K bulb yesterday, can't wait to try it out!

IMG_0846.JPG

• Like 3

Beemer

Beemer

One more pic.

IMG_0850.JPG

• Like 1

Beemer

Beemer

Will do! (and then some)

Beemer

Duke

Yes! Night time pictures please. And congrats!

You do you and I'll do me.

liqwiq

I'm interested in what incoming traffic has to say. I'm watching this thread.

AlbatrossCafe
5 hours ago, liqwiq said:

I'm interested in what incoming traffic has to say. I'm watching this thread.

I tried Cyclops for a bit back in the day. Let's just say I had my dad ride my bike while I watched with the "low-beams" on during a sunny day, and even that hurt my eyes. Removed it promptly after.

• Like 1

liqwiq
18 minutes ago, AlbatrossCafe said:

I tried Cyclops for a bit back in the day. Let's just say I had my dad ride my bike while I watched with the "low-beams" on during a sunny day, and even that hurt my eyes. Removed it promptly after.

That and the thing that's illegal in Croatia (you can't pass annual vehicle inspection with it) will make me buy Osram Night Breaker Laser. Thank you for sharing your experience. 

mick97702
6 hours ago, AlbatrossCafe said:

Just curious. Did you adjust the lens after installing it? I know when I installed mine I had to. These bikes are known for misaligned headlights from the dealership.

AlbatrossCafe
34 minutes ago, mick97702 said:

Just curious. Did you adjust the lens after installing it? I know when I installed mine I had to. These bikes are known for misaligned headlights from the dealership.

Yep. Tried aiming the headlight all different directions and used various cardboard shims that cyclops provided. Nothing narrowed the beam very well, and no matter what I had cars flashing me nearly every day for the month that I used it.

Beemer
6 minutes ago, AlbatrossCafe said:

Yep. Tried aiming the headlight all different directions and used various cardboard shims that cyclops provided. Nothing narrowed the beam very well, and no matter what I had cars flashing me nearly every day for the month that I used it.

???  It's a shame you had that experience. I have the 3800 myself and had no problems, even when keeping my high beam on when people approached. If I have any trouble with the new 10k bulb I'll definitely let everyone know but I can't help but think your reflector was more the problem than the bulb itself. I don't know how it could be different than mine but why would the same two bulbs act totally different? It's very puzzling.

• Like 1

Beemer

DewMan

I've not had a single person flash me with my 7K cyclops on low beam either and I see lots of traffic.

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

liqwiq

Is there any standard how to properly aim the headlight? Something like: the upper part of light pattern should be 5m (16') from the front tire.

norcal616

download.jpeg

• Like 4

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Beemer
47 minutes ago, norcal616 said:

download.jpeg

I read those instructions (no diagram like that) somewhere when I bought my 3800 and did just that. Haven't had any problems with my light blinding anyone because of it. That is a good diagram for noobs or anyone that doesn't know how to aim their headlight properly. You should put that in the, "Tips For Noobs" thread, in case someone is looking for something like that when they get their first bike or other.

Beemer

Beemer

Sorry I took so long but here's the video I promised. Due to circumstances I wasn't able to get a side by side comparison between the 3800, the 7k bulb and the 10 k like I'd talked about doing but this should suffice for anyone simply wanting to see how the 10k bulb performs in the dark. I have no doubts it will be very noticeable in the daytime as well. I think the videos will speak clearly and everyone can judge for themselves. There are two short clips. One of the light shining against the garage door to show the beam patterns of the high and low beam and the longer clip of the lights performance on the road. (sorry, no muSak, just exhaust note and wind) Without further ado........

https://youtu.be/rIk6M1j2A_8

https://youtu.be/-23DDTFHlio

• Like 3

Beemer

DewMan

It looks plenty bright enough but the low beam seems to be adjusted a bit low unless it's just the camera angle?

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Beemer
On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 1:06 PM, DewMan said:

It looks plenty bright enough but the low beam seems to be adjusted a bit low unless it's just the camera angle?

Nope, got the high bean pointing straight out like it should be, they made the separation between the high and low beam too great. If I raise the low beam the high beam will be pointing up at an angle. Not diggin' it. 

Edit: I went ahead and tried to adjust it anyway just so that the low beam was reaching further out and the low beam is fine now that I did that. The high beam on the other hand is pointing a little too high but it does light up the road a little better (not like it did pointing level with the road) than the low beam so I'll keep it. I'll put up another video clip so no one has to just take my word for it. Pudding is coming soon!

Beemer

emmett

I like it.  Where'd you buy it?  I can't find the 10K.