Beemer

New 10K Lumen Bulb

Beemer

Received my Cyclops 10K bulb yesterday, can't wait to try it out!

IMG_0846.JPG

• Like 3

Beemer

One more pic.

IMG_0850.JPG

• Like 1

Cruizin

Damn! Please take some night pics and post em! Love to see how far the light projects. 

Cyclops is the best! 

Beemer

Will do! (and then some)

Duke

Yes! Night time pictures please. And congrats!

liqwiq

I'm interested in what incoming traffic has to say. I'm watching this thread.

AlbatrossCafe
5 hours ago, liqwiq said:

I'm interested in what incoming traffic has to say. I'm watching this thread.

I tried Cyclops for a bit back in the day. Let's just say I had my dad ride my bike while I watched with the "low-beams" on during a sunny day, and even that hurt my eyes. Removed it promptly after.

• Like 1

liqwiq
18 minutes ago, AlbatrossCafe said:

I tried Cyclops for a bit back in the day. Let's just say I had my dad ride my bike while I watched with the "low-beams" on during a sunny day, and even that hurt my eyes. Removed it promptly after.

That and the thing that's illegal in Croatia (you can't pass annual vehicle inspection with it) will make me buy Osram Night Breaker Laser. Thank you for sharing your experience. 

mick97702
6 hours ago, AlbatrossCafe said:

Just curious. Did you adjust the lens after installing it? I know when I installed mine I had to. These bikes are known for misaligned headlights from the dealership.

AlbatrossCafe
34 minutes ago, mick97702 said:

Just curious. Did you adjust the lens after installing it? I know when I installed mine I had to. These bikes are known for misaligned headlights from the dealership.

Yep. Tried aiming the headlight all different directions and used various cardboard shims that cyclops provided. Nothing narrowed the beam very well, and no matter what I had cars flashing me nearly every day for the month that I used it.

Beemer
6 minutes ago, AlbatrossCafe said:

Yep. Tried aiming the headlight all different directions and used various cardboard shims that cyclops provided. Nothing narrowed the beam very well, and no matter what I had cars flashing me nearly every day for the month that I used it.

???  It's a shame you had that experience. I have the 3800 myself and had no problems, even when keeping my high beam on when people approached. If I have any trouble with the new 10k bulb I'll definitely let everyone know but I can't help but think your reflector was more the problem than the bulb itself. I don't know how it could be different than mine but why would the same two bulbs act totally different? It's very puzzling.

• Like 1

DewMan

I've not had a single person flash me with my 7K cyclops on low beam either and I see lots of traffic.

• Like 1

liqwiq

Is there any standard how to properly aim the headlight? Something like: the upper part of light pattern should be 5m (16') from the front tire.

norcal616

download.jpeg

• Like 4

Beemer
47 minutes ago, norcal616 said:

download.jpeg

I read those instructions (no diagram like that) somewhere when I bought my 3800 and did just that. Haven't had any problems with my light blinding anyone because of it. That is a good diagram for noobs or anyone that doesn't know how to aim their headlight properly. You should put that in the, "Tips For Noobs" thread, in case someone is looking for something like that when they get their first bike or other.