The MT-07 Forum

2015 FZ - about modded out

jkrueger13

jkrueger13

Long time listener, first time caller.  I’ve had my FZ since 2015 and relied heavily on this forum for upgrade ideas and how-to’s.  I never really posted up until this point as the old photo upload system wasn’t user-friendly for me.

Anyhow, my most recent upgrade was the Corbin seat.  In the past I’ve done the Yosh fender delete, sliders, windscreen, radiator cover, wheel tape, CRG levers, Yosh exhaust (baffle-in which is loud enough for me), ceramic paint for headers, powder-coat head guards (or whatever they are called), RAM mount for iphone, wired charger for phone (using hidden power port), ECU reflash and spider hand grips and tank grips.

Only things left on my radar include possibly suspension upgrade, maybe LED signals (the pumpkins aren’t a big pain point for me).

I just rolled past 13k which isn’t too bad for southern WI, especially since we have a 2 year old daughter at home (no more FZ commuting for me).

IMG_1595.JPG

IMG_1597.JPG

IMG_1596.JPG

• Premium Member

Nice selection of mods. The bike still looks brand new. 👍

What brand of grill guard are you using? It looks to be full coverage unlike most of them.

What are your thoughts on the Corbin Saddle?

Welcome to the forum.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

1 hour ago, jkrueger13 said:

Long time listener, first time caller.  I’ve had my FZ since 2015 and relied heavily on this forum for upgrade ideas and how-to’s.  I never really posted up until this point as the old photo upload system wasn’t user-friendly for me.

Anyhow, my most recent upgrade was the Corbin seat.  In the past I’ve done the Yosh fender delete, sliders, windscreen, radiator cover, wheel tape, CRG levers, Yosh exhaust (baffle-in which is loud enough for me), ceramic paint for headers, powder-coat head guards (or whatever they are called), RAM mount for iphone, wired charger for phone (using hidden power port), ECU reflash and spider hand grips and tank grips.

Only things left on my radar include possibly suspension upgrade, maybe LED signals (the pumpkins aren’t a big pain point for me).

I just rolled past 13k which isn’t too bad for southern WI, especially since we have a 2 year old daughter at home (no more FZ commuting for me).

IMG_1595.JPG

IMG_1597.JPG

IMG_1596.JPG

Sounds like you have one heck of a bike there. Thanks for joining us! 

You can upload an avatar pic by clicking on your username at the top right of this forum, then click on profile. Good time to also adjust your account/notification settings. 

NIX-22 and a nice Nitron NTR2 and you're into $1500. It'll be so smooth the 2yr old will happily ride along in her car seat giggling and waving happily at passing butterflies while  giving those angry dudes in brain buckets and 1920's flight goggles making all that dreadful racket, a fitting solute.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Maybe some Hello Kitty ape hangers with tassels on the ends like on my bike. Just kidding, your bike looks good but maybe some CRG lane splitter mirrors.

hello kitty handlebars.jpg

Beemer

jkrueger13
2 hours ago, Beemer said:

Maybe some Hello Kitty ape hangers with tassels on the ends like on my bike. Just kidding, your bike looks good but maybe some CRG lane splitter mirrors.

hello kitty handlebars.jpg

Haha, my daughter would love it!  However it would have the unintended consequence of her wanting to ride it earlier than she should.  Move the pegs up higher daddy!!

I'll look into the mirrors; thanks for the tip!

jkrueger13
17 hours ago, pattonme said:

NIX-22 and a nice Nitron NTR2 and you're into $1500. It'll be so smooth the 2yr old will happily ride along in her car seat giggling and waving happily at passing butterflies while  giving those angry dudes in brain buckets and 1920's flight goggles making all that dreadful racket, a fitting solute.

I should definitely look into this as the stock setup is a bit harsh.  This is my first bike, so I don't have much to compare it to.  I figure if I never ride anything else, I'll never think the grass is greener!

jkrueger13
On 6/6/2018 at 12:40 PM, DewMan said:

What brand of grill guard are you using? It looks to be full coverage unlike most of them.

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks, I try to take good care of it.  Keep the shiny side up!

Gosh I can't remember the exact type of grill guard.  Let me inspect it and follow-up.

I like the saddle.  I used to get pretty sore after about 45 minutes and this is no longer an issue.  It really changes the riding position as well.  It's much more versatile now. 

FZ07R WaNaB
On 6/6/2018 at 12:23 PM, jkrueger13 said:

Well, here are some more where the first 4 are must-dos (IMHO) as far as safety goes, and the last one is just for serious fun. The total cost for all 5 tweaks is about $120

Mirror extenders

Blindspot mirrors

Osram Night Racer light bulb

Denali Soundbomb Mini Horn

R6 throttle tube

jkrueger13
37 minutes ago, FZ07R WaNaB said:

Well, here are some more where the first 4 are must-dos (IMHO) as far as safety goes, and the last one is just for serious fun. The total cost for all 5 tweaks is about $120

Mirror extenders

Blindspot mirrors

Osram Night Racer light bulb

Denali Soundbomb Mini Horn

R6 throttle tube

I have given the mirrors some thought recently as they seem to need constant adjustment.  You 'look' at them wrong and the angle is off.  Any additional specific advice/recommendations on the mirror mods?

I've never spent much time looking into light mods as I've never ridden at night.  Given this, should I look into it?

Haha, I actually already installed the Denali and forgot to add it to my list!  Did this last spring.

I've heard about the throttle tube and have read others talking about it on here.  Is this something I should really explore?  This bike is all about fun and being a hooligan.

Thank you for the tips!!  

FZ07R WaNaB

For the mirror mods, here are two although you could find more

https://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Extender-Adapter-Standard-Threading/dp/B007S0XVWO

https://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-Mirror-Extender-Adapter-Models/dp/B01KLOY6GI

Defintely get the light bulb - it's easy to change and it really makes a difference for very little money.

The R6 tube is awesome just make sure you buy the original Yamaha R6 tube, not the one by Motion Pro.

https://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-2C0262400000-Grip-Assembly/dp/B005C59NO2

Enjoy!

I recommend any of the Cyclops bulbs. They're a vendor on this site. They may be twice the price of cheaper bulbs but they're more than double the lumens and are made to run cool, are very water resistant and the quality is top notch. Keep an eye out for my video that I'm making on my new 10k lumen Cyclops, it may be ready as soon as this evening. Don't skimp on safety, you want people to see you well in the daytime as well as night and even my 3800 lumen Cyclops bulb is very noticeable on a bright day. A little more $$ but you're life is worth it.

Beemer

On 6/6/2018 at 12:40 PM, DewMan said:

Welcome to the forum.

The grill guard is EvoTech.  It finally came back to me last night.

JK

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, jkrueger13 said:

The grill guard is EvoTech.  It finally came back to me last night.

JK

Thanks!  I use the EvoTech as well. It must be the lighting that makes it seem like the top edge is completely covered as well.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Archived