Sign in to follow this  
Randucci

Added small LED lights

Randucci

I wanted to add a couple small LED lights for mostly daytime added visibility to other drivers. I utilized the AUX plug that comes on the bike when running. I found a company that sells the connector and male terminals (see post below), pictures are attached. I want to get a pair of the TST Industries Halo driving lights/turn signals when they are available, so I didn't do any modifications to the bike. I made a couple aluminum brackets to hold the lights and plug them into the AUX wire harness. They are actually brighter in person than the picture makes out them to be.

The new connectors along with the one that came with the bike.

DSC_0689 2.jpg

Two brackets.

DSC_0692.jpg

Edited by Randucci

2017 FZ-07 ABS.

Randucci

More pictures.

The wire harness I made up.

DSC_0694.jpg

The two LED lights are just above and inside of the turn signals.

DSC_0705.jpg

Edited by Randucci
  • Like 1

2017 FZ-07 ABS.

mjh937

@Randucci, you can post the link.  If you had a business selling the item you would need to be a supporting vendor, but links to something you bought or like are fine.  

• Like 1

Randucci
55 minutes ago, mjh937 said:

@Randucci, you can post the link.  If you had a business selling the item you would need to be a supporting vendor, but links to something you bought or like are fine.  

Cool, thanks for the clarification, the place I got the connector and male terminal pins from is here:

http://www.cycleterminal.com/mt-series-090.html

The correct one is the Male MT090-2  @ $3.15 ea. , it comes with the two male terminals, sealing plugs and the connector. It is handy if you have one of these crimpers for the terminals:

DSC_0691.jpg

2017 FZ-07 ABS.

Beemer

How about some close up pics of that bracket as it's mounted. I can't quite tell just where you mounted them and maybe throw in a night time pic of those babies @ work if it's not too much trouble, we always like to see how things perform, thanks! > Btw, they look good!

Beemer

Randucci
2 hours ago, Beemer said:

How about some close up pics of that bracket as it's mounted. I can't quite tell just where you mounted them and maybe throw in a night time pic of those babies @ work if it's not too much trouble, we always like to see how things perform, thanks! > Btw, they look good!

I used the upper headlight bolts to make it easy. Here are a couple quick pictures.

DSC_0690.jpg

DSC_0691 2.jpg

Edited by Randucci
  • Like 4

2017 FZ-07 ABS.

Beemer

Thanks, man! Looks good and nice pics as well!

Beemer